isalnum() function in C programming language checks whether the given character is alphanumeric or not. isalnum() function defined in ctype.h header file.
Alphanumeric: A character that is either a letter or a number.
int isalnum(int x);
Input : 1 Output : Entered character is alphanumeric Input : A Output : Entered character is alphanumeric Input : & Output : Entered character is not alphanumeric
Entered character is alphanumeric
Application: isalnum() function is used to find out number of alphanumeric in a given sentence(or any input).
Input: abc123@ Output: Number of alphanumerics in the given input is : 6 Input: a@# Output: Number of alphanumerics in the given input is : 1 Input: ...akl567 Output: Number of alphanumerics in the given input is : 6
Number of alphanumerics in the given input is : 19
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference Between C Language and LISP Language
- isxdigit() function in C Language
- isupper() function in C Language
- C Programming Language Standard
- A C Programming Language Puzzle
- C Language Introduction
- Arrays in C Language | Set 2 (Properties)
- Convert C/C++ code to assembly language
- Signals in C language
- Constants vs Variables in C language
- Difference between %d and %i format specifier in C language
- lvalue and rvalue in C language
- Difference between while(1) and while(0) in C language
- kbhit in C language
- How to use POSIX semaphores in C language
- Benefits of C language over other programming languages
- fgets() and gets() in C language
- Stopwatch using C language
- trunc() , truncf() , truncl() in C language
- How to clear console in C language?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.