This is_null() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to find whether a variable is NULL or not. It returns True if the given variable is null, otherwise return False.
bool is_null( $var )
$x === null
It is an identical comparison operator and it returns true if the value of $x is equal to NULL. Null is a special data type in PHP which can have only one value that is NULL. A variable of data type NULL is a variable that has no value assigned to it. Any variable can be empty by setting the value NULL to the variable.
$var === null
- Ternary operator vs Null coalescing operator in PHP
- PPP Full Form
- Node.js URLsearchParams API
- Materialize CSS Navbars
- Node.js vs Java
- Node.js Inspector
- How to resolve 'node' is not recognized as an internal or external command error after installing Node.js ?
- Bulma | Panel
- How to stack elements in CSS ?
- jQuery BlockUI Plugin
- Difference between try-catch and if-else statements in PHP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.