In C++, like other functions, assignement operator function is inherited in derived class.
For example, in the following program, base class assignment operator function can be accessed using the derived class object.
Output: base class assignment operator called
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- What all is inherited from parent class in C++?
- Operands for sizeof operator
- Copy constructor vs assignment operator in C++
- Self assignment check in assignment operator
- Rules for operator overloading
- Result of comma operator as l-value in C and C++
- Comma operator should be used carefully
- C/C++ Ternary Operator - Some Interesting Observations
- When should we write our own assignment operator in C++?
- Default Assignment Operator and References
- Can we use % operator on floating point numbers?
- Scope Resolution Operator Versus this pointer in C++?
- Set a variable without using Arithmetic, Relational or Conditional Operator
- Placement new operator in C++
- Operator Overloading in C++