With the rapid increase in demand for health care IoT specific products opens up immense opportunities. Data collected by these devices have the potential to transform healthcare. IoT has a four-step architecture which we call it as a basic stage in the process. All four stages are connected in such a manner that data is gathered or processed in one stage and its value is produced in the next stage. Mixed values in the process bring us instincts that deliver dynamic prospects.
The four stages of IoT solution are as follows:
- Data Acquisition: At this stage the interconnected devices like sensors, actuators, monitors, etc are deployed and after getting deployed they collect data.
- Data Processing:Data collected from these interconnected devices is in analog form, which needs to aggregate and converted into digital form for further data processing.
- Data Storage: Once the data is digitized and aggregated, it is pre processed and standardized and moved to data center or cloud.
- Data Analytics: Final data obtained is analyzed and managed at required level. Advanced Analytics, applied to this data would provide us with actionable instincts for effective decision making.
IoT is recreating healthcare by providing better care, improvement in treatment outcomes and reducing costs for patients. The major advantages of IoT in health care are as follows:
- Reduction in Cost: IoT enables monitoring of patients health in real time, thus reducing patients need to visit doctors, hospital stays and re-admission.
- Improved Treatment: It enables doctors to make effective decisions regarding patients health through collection and analysis of data through IoT devices.
- Faster Diagnosis of Disease: Continuous monitoring of patients and real-time data helps in early diagnosis of disease before the disease develops based on symptoms.
- Proactive Treatment: Continuous health monitoring keeps the door for proactive medical treatment open.
- Reduction in error: Data generated through IoT devices not only help in effective decision making but also ensures that health care operations are performed with the reduction in error, waste and system costs.
Conclusion: IoT has explored a new dimension of health care through real-time health monitoring and access to patient’s health monitoring and access to patients health data. The data is a boon for healthcare stakeholders to improve patient’s health and experiences while making revenue opportunities and improving healthcare operations.
- Benefit Of IoT in Healthcare Sector
- How to Crack System Design Round in Interviews?
- 10 Tips to Protect Your Online Data Privacy in 2019
- If we delete cookies of a site, we can still logged in without logging again
- 7 Common Programming Principles That Every Developer Must Follow
- SOLID Principle in Programming: Understand With Real Life Examples
- Best Books to Learn Back-End Web Development
- Evolution of Foldable Smartphones
- Geek Week – Celebrate The Biggest Programming Festival With GeeksforGeeks
- Benefits of Automated Cross-Browser Testing for Online Business
- How Does Google Use Machine Learning?
- How to Become a Data Scientist in 2019: A Complete Guide
- What is Competitive Programming and How to Prepare for It?
- How to Protect Yourself From Cyber Attacks?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.