The clear() method of ios class in C++ is used to change the current state of the specified flag by setting it. Hence this function changes the internal state of this stream.
void clear(iostate state)
Parameters: This method accepts the iostate as parameter which is the flag bit to be set in this stream. It can be goodbit, failbit, eofbit or badbit.
Return Value: This method do not return anything.
is eofbit set: 0 clear() used to set eofbit is eofbit set: 1
is failbit set: 0 clear() used to set failbit is failbit set: 1
- unordered_multiset clear() function in C++ STL
- unordered_multimap clear() function in C++ STL
- multimap clear() function in C++ STL
- unoredered_set clear() function in C++ STL
- multiset clear() function in C++ STL
- set::clear in C++ STL
- map::clear() in C++ STL
- std::string::clear in C++
- list::clear() in C++ STL
- unordered_map clear in C++ STL
- vector erase() and clear() in C++
- Different ways to delete elements in std::map (erase() and clear())
- ios eof() function in C++ with Examples
- ios bad() function in C++ with Examples
- fill() function in C++ STL with examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.