There were 2 Rounds on CV selection, 1 Online Coding Round and 2 Technical Rounds, and 1 HR Round.
Total 4 questions were asked (I was able to solve 3 of them completely including the hard one). One was easy, two were medium, and last was hard.
- Given a matrix of size N*N (empty) and k (number of operations). In each operation, you will be given two values r (rth row) and c (cth column) and you have to place ‘X’ in rth row cells and cth column cells. After each operation, you are required to print the number of empty cells in the matrix.
n = 5, k = 3
1st operation : r = 3, c = 2
2nd operation : r = 4, c = 4
3rd operation : r = 3, c = 5
Output (Total empty cells after each operation):
- There are N students and K toffees. Students can take toffees if both conditions satisfy:
- He/she must be able to take all the candies he/she wants.
- All his/her friends must to able to take all the candies they want to take.
Technical Round 1: Based on Coding, Data Structure and Algorithm, DBMS, behaviour
- Related to pointers (mainly pointer pointing to a 2D array) and address (in-depth)(https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/pointer-array-array-pointer/)
Practice Link: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/first-and-last-occurrences-of-x3116/1
- Find all the triplets: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/find-triplets-with-zero-sum/1
Practice Link: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/find-triplets-with-zero-sum/1
- DBMS queries and questions
Technical Round 2: Based on Project, Coding, Data Structure, and Algorithm, OOP, DBMS, behaviour
- Detailed discussion on projects like stacks and technologies used, the problem faced, how did you manage to make your app efficient, database structure and schemas, functional and non-functional requirements, security, scalability, etc.
- What is a singleton class and how to make such a class in Java/C++.(https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/singleton-class-java/)
- What is multithreading and how to avoid multi-threads to access a resource at a time? (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/synchronized-in-java/)
- What is Regex? How to efficiently find all the data (documents) in the database that don’t match the given Regex ?.
- What are the benefits of using Mongo DB and Firebase as databases (I told them that I have used Firebase and Firestore)?
- How to avoid compiler to do optimization for some certain resource. (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/understanding-volatile-qualifier-in-c/)
- O(n) time and O(1) space without changing the relative position of elements. (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/rearrange-array-alternating-positive-negative-items-o1-extra-space/)
Practice Link: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/array-of-alternate-ve-and-ve-nos1401/1
- How did you test your application? How have you applied unit testing to it?
- How did you optimize your React Application? (My answer was: using Lazy loading, dividing into modules, optimizing webpack, etc).
- Question on how Encryption is different than Hashing? (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/difference-between-hashing-and-encryption/)
- What are the problems faced by React? (https://www.growth-rocket.com/blog/a-closer-look-at-client-side-server-side-rendering/)
Conclusion: Interviewers mainly focus on how you approach the question rather than you solved the problem completely. They engross more on DSA and dev is the edge point if you had done it.
- Questions like could have you done better in all previous rounds and how, what has been your greatest failure, what do you know about us or our company, and many more.
- This round was all about testing the candidate and what steps did I take up to tackle the above-mentioned problems.
Some more questions were asked. Be positive and aloud during the interview. Don’t be nervous and in rush to answer the question. Take your time. Interviewers are mainly nice and have a helping nature (in my case they were very nice, polite, helped me wherever I got stuck). Believe in yourself and always in God.
Thanks to GeeksforGeeks, HackerRank, HackerEarth, CodeChef, Codeforces.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!