Introduction to Virtual Private Network (VPN)
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It provides inline privacy and anonymity by building a private network from a public internet connection. VPN masks your internet protocol address so your online actions are virtually untraceable. VPN creates a virtual tunnel to transfer data. A VPN creates an encrypted tunnel to protect your personal data and communications, hide your IP address, and let you safely use public Wi-Fi networks. Moreover, the privacy and security provided by VPN are far better than Wi-Fi hotspots.
Types of Virtual Private Network: Generally, we can classify VPNs into the following types,
Features of VPN :
- VPN provides plentiful Server location.
- It also provides anonymous DNS servers.
- VPNs are generally cost-effective.
- VPN supports Router.
- The VPN is highly encrypted and secure.
- Along with VPN, we get secure VPN protocols.
- It provides safety against DNS Leak.
- The VPN providers also offer Cross-Platform Compatible Apps.
Applications of VPN :
- VPN can easily bypass geographic restrictions on websites or streaming audio and video.
- Using a VPN, we can protect ourselves from snooping from untrustworthy Wi-Fi hotspots.
- One can gain privacy online by hiding one’s true location.
- One can protect themselves from being logged while torrenting.
What does a VPN hide? A VPN can hide a lot of information –
- User’s Browsing History
- User’s IP address and location
- User’s location for streaming
- User’s device
- User’s web activity — to preserve internet freedom
How to choose a VPN? In order to choose the perfect VPN, one must ask the given questions from their VPN providers as follows.
- How much privacy the VPN is providing to you?
- Are you able to run all security protocols?
- Do they set any limits on your data?
- Where is the server of your VPN located?
- Are all your devices able to access VPN?
- What is the cost of a VPN?
Advantages of VPN :
- It Provides you Anonymity.
- It Avoid the Geo-Restrictions.
- It has security Protection from Cyberattacks.
- It will Prevent Bandwidth Throttling.
- It will help you to Improve Gaming Experience.
- It has capability to Bypass Firewall.
Disadvantages of VPN :
- It can Slow down the Internet Speed.
- It has Privacy Issues.
- It might be Connection droppings while you will be connected over VPN.
- It might have Configuration difficulties.
- It has Legality Issues.
Unlock the Power of Placement Preparation!
Feeling lost in OS, DBMS, CN, SQL, and DSA chaos? Our Complete Interview Preparation
Course is the ultimate guide to conquer placements. Trusted by over 100,000+ geeks, this course is your roadmap to interview triumph.
Ready to dive in? Explore our Free Demo Content and join our Complete Interview Preparation