Introduction to AngularDart
In this article, we will look at the basics of the AngularDart framework and how can we get started with it in online mode. So first let’s see what is Dart.
Dart: Dart is an object-oriented programming language that supports a various range of programming paradigms like Classes, Polymorphism, Interfaces, Inheritance, Collections, and Generics. Dart is developed by Google and is used in building applications and servers.
If you are a beginner and want to start implementing Dart code online before downloading its dependencies, we suggest you go for https://dartpad.dev/?id. But If you want to dive right into it, and want to implement code on your system, You can install Dart SDK from its official website https://dart.dev/tools/sdk/archive.
Code in Dart:
This article is published on Geeks for Geeks
In the above code:
- void: The void is a return type that indicates that the function does not have a return value.
- main(): The main() function indicates the beginning of the program and is essential for its execution.
- var: The var statement declares a variable and it can contain letters, digits, or symbols.
- print(): The print() function is used to print output on the console.
Note: To learn more about Dart and its setup, please check out the Geeks for Geeks Dart Tutorial.
Now let us see what is AngularDart.
AngularDart: AngularDart is a framework developed by Google for building web applications, server applications, or single-page applications using HTML, CSS, and Dart. It is commonly known for its good speed, execution, and productivity. AngularJS is a famous tool for making structured web applications and AngularDart is basically an implementation of Angular in Dart Language. The current version of AngularDart is 5.3.1 and is being used in many applications like Fiber, Google Play Console, etc.
If you have worked with Flutter and Dart before, then you are going to love AngularDart.
How to Run AngularDart Code Online: If you are a beginner and want to test your AngularDart code online, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open DartPad
Step 2: Click on New Pad
Step 3: When the confirmation box appears, click OK
Step 4: Select Dart and Toggle HTML switch ON and click on Create
Step 5: Now You can Write the Dart, HTML, and CSS code, and to run the code, click on the Run button.
Below is the AngularDart Code implementation:
In the above code:
- We imported ‘dart:html’ for the required library in the Dart file.
- In the main method, we declared the variable as “header”.
- Variable picked up the value using querySelector.
- We assigned the header variable a text to use in HTML.
- In the HTML file, we called the header value using id as the parameter.
- In the CSS file, we styled the elements as per our needs.
Note: If you want to download the dependencies into your system, please check out https://angulardart.dev/guide/setup Documentation.
Now, let’s see the core difference between AngularDart and its similar tools.
AngularDart vs AngularJS
|AngularDart is faster than AngularJS||AngularJS is slower than AngularDart|
|AngularDart is a class-based framework||AngularJS is a symbol-based framework|
|AngularDart uses components.||AngularJS uses directive controllers.|
|AngularDart uses shadowDom||Angular uses ngTransclude|
|In AngularDart, we use apply function.||In AngularJs, link/compile functions are used.|
|AngularDart uses the attribute maps concept||AngularJS has no attribute maps concept|
AngularDart vs Flutter:
|AngularDart is used for building web applications.||Flutter is used to develop cross-platform applications for Android, iOS, and the web.|
|AngularDart is less popular.||Flutter is very popular among developers.|
|There are very few companies that use AngularDart.||A huge number of companies use Flutter for application development.|
The Pros and Cons of AngularDart:
- Angular Dart source code is clean
- Boon for Dart developers.
- Many features that weren’t compatible with Typescript Version can be used with Dart Version.
- The AngularDart is not just a programming language, but also a set of stable libraries and solid tools.
- AngularDart is faster.
- AngularDart Tutorials are hard to find.
- Less Active AngularDart Community.
- Angular components package does not support Internet Explorer.
- Less Popular and it is not as up-to-date as Angular Typescript.