Introduction of ZigBee
ZigBee is a Personal Area Network task group with low rate task group 4. It is a technology of home networking. ZigBee is a technological standend created for controlling and sensor the network. As we know that ZigBee is Personal Area network of task group 4 so it is based on IEEE 802.14.4 and it is created by Zigbee Aliance.
- Operates in personal area network.
- It is a device to device network
Architecture of Zigbee:
Zigbee architecture is a combination of 6 layers.
- Application Layer
- Application Interface Layer
- Security Layer
- Network Layer
- Medium Access Control Layer
- Physical Layer
- The Application layer is present at the user level.
- The Application Interface Layer, Security Layer and Network Layer are the Zigbee Aliance and they are used to sore data and they uses stack.
- Medium Access control and the Physical layer are the IEEE 802.15.4 and they are hardware which are silicon means they accept only 0 and 1.
Types of ZigBee Devices:
- Zigbee Coordinator Device – It communicate with routers. This device is used for connecting the devices.
- Zigbee Router – It used for passing the data between devices.
- Zigbee End Device – It is the device which is going to be controlled
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.