Artificial Brain is a software or hardware which is similar to functioning of biological human brain in terms of Memory, Feelings, Emotions, and decision making. This can be done using reverse engineering techniques on human brain so functioning of brain can be understood. The structure of human brain is still complex to understand by scientists.
Main objective behind Artificial brain is to establish a connection in between human brain and artificial brain so that machine can work like a human brain and important content of humans like knowledge, feelings, memories of a person be downloaded to artificial brain by applying high computational algorithms using supercomputers with large storage facilities which can be used forever for different purposes until erased.
Life span of every human being is limited, if a person dies knowledge and intelligence will be void. Before death of human beings, all contents of brain can be extracted using an Artificial brain and can be used forever. The artificial brain can also be used in research of treatment for diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Blue Brain Technology :
Blue Brain, an Artificial Brain which is an initiative taken by Swiss brain research that aims to recreate an artificial brain by performing reverse engineering on brain circuitry. The Blue brain project was initially founded on May 2005 at Brain and mind institute named EPFL (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne) in Switzerland that specializes in natural sciences and engineering.
Project blue brain is headed by Henry Markram, professor at EPFL. The blue brain is using a supercomputer which was created by IBM called as “Blue Gene” which runs software developed by Michael Hines’s and John Moore named “NEURON”, a simulation environment which models network of neurons in human brain.it’s been said that by 2023 project will be launched officially.
Main aim of the blue brain project is to extract information from human brain and store it virtually on computer. So that even after death of humans, knowledge can be preserved for years in the form of a virtual brain.
How is this possible ?
The information is uploaded from human brain to supercomputers using a small robots called as “nanobots”. they are too small that they can enter spine and central nervous system.Then after entering brain, nanobots starts scanning and monitoring structure of neurons.
Connection between computer is formed only by using nanobots as a interface and software that is used is known as “BBP-SDK”, a software development kit written in C++ library wrapped in Java and Python. The BBP-SDK collects data from nanobots and visualizations of collected data is done using a data visualization software called as “RT Neuron” written in C++, and was specially created for 3D visualization of neuron simulation.
The final data is stored in databases and will be used for further modelling of human brain functions.If this experiment is successful then knowledge of brain can be stored and examined.
The Blue Brain Project is Open-source and made available for all on GitHub.
Advantages and Disadvantages :
- The knowledge and memories of great personalities can be stored forever in form of virtual brain and treatment for various brain diseases can be examined.
- Main disadvantage of blue brain is, information stored can be vulnerable and can be manipulated or misused by hackers.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Detection of a specific color(blue here) using OpenCV with Python
- What is Blue Eyes Technology?
- Neuralink - A Brain-Computer Interface Technology
- Brain Machine Interface (BMI)
- What is Google Brain?
- Artificial Intelligence | An Introduction
- Introduction to Hill Climbing | Artificial Intelligence
- Implementing Artificial Neural Network training process in Python
- Turing Test in Artificial Intelligence
- Top 5 best Programming Languages for Artificial Intelligence field
- Difference between Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- The role of Artificial Intelligence in Internet of Things
- How Big Data Artificial Intelligence is Changing the Face of Traditional Big Data?
- 8 Best Topics for Research and Thesis in Artificial Intelligence
- Have A Happy Diwali With Artificial Intelligence - How AI Can Help In Managing The Pollution This Festival?
- What is Bipolar Disorder and How Can Artificial Intelligence Help in Detecting it?
- 6 Ways Artificial Intelligence Will Change Education in the 2020s
- Artificial Intelligence in Financial Market
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.