Interview Puzzle | The shopkeeper and the lady who made a purchase of Rs 200 with fake note
Puzzle: A lady makes a purchase of Rs 200/- in a store. The shopkeeper sells the goods with zero profit. He receives a Rs 1000/- note from the lady. The shopkeeper gets the change from the next shop, retains Rs.200 for himself, and gives the lady Rs.800 back. Later, the shopkeeper at the next shop comes with the Rs.1000 note saying “duplicate” and takes his money back.
How much Loss did the shopkeeper face?
- What the shopkeeper took from the lady: Nothing, as the Rs 1000/- note was a duplicate note.
- What the shopkeeper took from another shopkeeper: Rs 1000/-
- What shopkeeper gave to the lady: Rs 200/- (Goods) + Rs 800/- (Change)
- What the shopkeeper gave to another shopkeeper: Rs 1000/-
- Total Loss: (200 + 800 + 1000) + (1000)
So, it can be concluded that the shopkeeper incurred a loss of Rs 2000/- due to the lady.