This article is based on my experience in the final year of my Engineering and how I prepared for the service-based companies and cracked their selection process.
Many of you are thinking that what is so difficult in cracking up these interviews and selection process of the service-based company. But , I think it is a big deal when you are from a Tier-3 college and from a Non CS branch.
So let us start,
Many of the service-based companies have sort of same selection process generally, they have the selection process like this:
- Aptitude Test
- Coding Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Some of the companies have Writing and Reading Skills Tests as well and some of them also have situation based interview rounds.
How to prepare for Aptitude Test?
So to prepare for Aptitude Tests you have to practice problems of topics like:
- Time Speed and Distance
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency.
- Profit and Loss
- Permutations and Combinations
- Data Arrangements
- Percentages and Clocks & Calendars
You can take help of Youtube or you can solve Aptitude problems which are asked in Government Exams.
How to prepare for Coding Test?
To prepare for coding tests you should have a good grip on one of the Object-Oriented Programming Languages such as
Java or C++. I would highly recommend using Java as it is slightly easy and I also suggest not to use Python for these tests as it would not enhance your technical skills which would be helpful in Interview Rounds.
I recommend using Practice Tab of GeeksforGeeks as it has many questions regarding Data Structures and Algorithms. You should try almost 20-30 problems of Data Structures like Array, Linked List.
Other than that you can use coding platforms that are available on the Internet like Hackerrank.
How to prepare for Interviews (Technical and HR)?
It is highly recommended to not only prepare for coding tests but also for Interviews.
You can practice Interview questions by preparing from Company Interview Corner Tab of GeeksforGeeks and also for HR interview you should have good knowledge of the company. On which projects the company is currently working on and also you should have good communicative skills. You can practice and improve your Communicative skills by reading books and also take part in Mock Interviews in college and if not you can refer Youtube to see Interview Experience of the particular company.
Also , I recommend to practice code not only on compiler but also write the code in a blank paper because many times Interviewer asks you to write code using a pen and a paper.
Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments below and All the best!! for your journey ahead.
This article is written by SAKSHAM KAPOOR.
- Internship Interview Experiences Company-Wise
- mSupply.com Interview Experiences| Set 1 (On-Campus)
- Interview Experiences at D. E. Shaw & Co.
- Target Corporation Interview Experiences | Set 2
- Interra System Interview Experiences
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experiences (On Campus Internship)
- IIM Interview Experiences
- Amazon Interview Experiences for Internship (on campus)
- Tolexo (Indiamart company) Interview Experience | Set 1 ( Senior Software Developer)
- Tolexo (Indiamart company) Interview Experience | Set 2
- Lowe's Company Interview Experience
- Lowe's Company Interview Experience | On Campus
- Progress Company Interview Experience | Set 1 (Senior Software Engineer)
- ABCO - Advisory Board Company (Acquired by OPTUM) Interview Experience
- Lowe's company on campus interview experience
- Mind-Infotech company interview experience
- Sigmoid Analytics Company Interview Experience
- Optum Global Solutions (A United Heatlh Care Company) Interview Experience
- Abco Advisory Board Company | Set 1 (Internship + Full time Employee)
- Abco Advisory Board Company | Set 3 (On-Campus Intern + FTE)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.