We are given list of n number of arrays, find all common elements in given arrays ?
Input : arr = [[1,2,3,4], [8,7,3,2], [9,2,6,3], [5,1,2,3]] Output : Common Elements = [2,3]
We can solve this problem quickly in python using intersection_update() method of Set() data structure.
How intersection_update() works ?
Suppose we have two sets A and B, then A.intersection_update(B) operation updates set A with common elements in set A and B. For example, A=set([1,2,3]) and B=set([4,2,3]) now after taking A.intersection_update(B), value of set A will be [2,3]. Syntax is anySet.intersection_update(iterable).
Common Elements = [2,3]
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python | Find common elements in three sorted arrays by dictionary intersection
- Find common elements in three sorted arrays
- Python | Find common elements in list of lists
- Python program to find common elements in three lists using sets
- Count number of common elements between two arrays by using Bitset and Bitwise operation
- Python | Print the common elements in all sublists
- Python | Print all the common elements of two lists
- Python | Count of common elements in the lists
- Python | Find most common element in a 2D list
- Python | Find most common element in each column in a 2D list
- Find a pair of elements swapping which makes sum of two arrays same
- Python | Merge List with common elements in a List of Lists
- Find the ratio of number of elements in two Arrays from their individual and combined average
- Python List Comprehension to find pair with given sum from two arrays
- Find all unique pairs of maximum and second maximum elements over all sub-arrays in O(NlogN)