Interesting Facts about PYGAME
Pygame is a set of python module which is used in designing video games. In Pygame, there are computer graphics and sound libraries in order to develop high quality and user interactive games. Pygame was developed by Pete Shinners. Till 2000, it was a community project, later on it was released under open source free software General Public License.
Active road-map of Pygame version 2 development :
- 2019-5-5 pre-release Dev.1
- 2019-6-20 pre-release Dev.2
- 2019-7-14 pre-release Dev.3
- 2019-10-8 pre-release Dev.4
- 2019-10-28 pre-release Dev.6
- 2020-5-6 pre-release Dev.8
- 2020-5-31 pre-release Dev.10
- 2020-10-28 Released
Here are some facts about Pygame that may amaze you :
- In order to replace PySDL, Pygame came into existence.
- Pygame is truly portable, it’s code can be run on a different operating system like Linux, Windows CE, BeOS, MacOS, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, BSD/OS, Solaris, IRIX, and QNX.
- Pygame uses optimized C and Assembly codes for its functioning.
- Pygame is free and released under a GPL license. It is possible to create open-source, free, freeware, shareware, and commercial games with it.
- Pygame has built-in Silliness. As well as new silliness is added to it after every 3.1415 seconds.
- Pygame code is written in C language, which is 10-20 times faster than python code and Assembly Language which is 100x or more times faster than python code.
- Pygame comes with installers (and uninstallers) for Windows or macOS.
- There is no need to install setuptools, or ctypes in Python. There is no need for installing other packages outside your operating systems package manager.
- The pygame can be used on handheld devices from Nokia, game consoles like gp2x, and the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC).
- In 2009, Pygame version 2 was planned as “Pygame Reloaded” but its development was stopped for a long period of time.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...