Terminal is one of the most important tools in MacOS be it any field. To get good knowledge about the terminal is important. It teaches you many things in an innovative way which is liked by most of the developers. It’s a knowledge that only geeks and geniuses have. Here are some commands with the most impressive features.
The commands used below may or may not be installed in your system. To install them use the brew command as follows:
% brew install <command-name>
Using say command
Make your Mac talk what you want using the say command:
% say Hello Geeks
Setup Login Message
Set up a login message to display for yourself on your Mac using the following command –
% sudo write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow LoginwindowText "Login Message for Display"
Using cowsay command
% cowsay <message>
Using emacs command
After the above command press “enter” then “escape” then “x”. Now you enter the following commands:
These are some command, there are many more. The doctor provides you a psychiatrist to talk and snakes, solitaire, etc are games.
Using Fortune command
This command displays random quotes
Star Wars Animation
You can see the complete Star Wars animation in your terminal using this command.
% nc towel.blinkenlights.nl 23
Using cmatrix command
This command displays a neo style matrix on the terminal.
Using rev command
This command reverses all the content of the file. It is used as follows.
- Custom commands for linux terminal
- Interesting Funny Commands in Linux
- How to Change the Mac Address in Kali Linux Using Macchanger?
- Python script to change MAC address of Linux machine
- Terminal Mail and Linux Security Mail
- Formatted text in Linux Terminal using Python
- Cool Custom Welcome Messages on Linux terminal
- How to copy a file's content from Linux terminal?
- How to Browse From the Linux Terminal Using W3M?
- Using Lynx to Browse the Web From the Linux Terminal
- Few Tips for Fast & Productive Work on a Linux Terminal
- Shortcut to Move to the Beginning or Ending of a Command in Linux Terminal
- Greeting By Your Favourite Movie Quotes in Rainbow Colors on Every Terminal Launch
- Kali Linux - Terminal and Shell
- Basic System Controls with Terminal in Linux
- What is Terminal, Console, Shell and Kernel?
- Daily life Linux Commands
- Basic Linux Commands for day to day life
- Network configuration and trouble shooting commands in Linux
- Important Linux Commands (leave, diff, cal, ncal, locate and ln)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.