A class is a user-defined blueprint or prototype from which objects are created. Classes provide a means of bundling data and functionality together. Creating a new class creates a new type of object, allowing new instances of that type to be made. Each class instance can have attributes attached to it for maintaining its state. Class instances can also have methods (defined by its class) for modifying its state.
Hello, my name is Nikhil
Note: For more information, refer to Python Classes and Objects
Instance attributes are those attributes that are not shared by objects. Every object has its own copy of the instance attribute.
For example, consider a class shapes that have many objects like circle, square, triangle, etc. having its own attributes and methods. An instance attribute refers to the properties of that particular object like edge of the triangle being 3, while the edge of the square can be 4.
An instance method can access and even modify the value of attributes of an instance. It has one default parameter:-
- self – It is a keyword which points to the current passed instance. But it need not be passed every time while calling an instance method.
No. of edges for circle: 0 No. of edges for square: 6
- Comparison between static and instance method in PHP
- Class and Instance Attributes in Python
- Different ways to access Instance Variable in Python
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | os.WIFCONTINUED() method
- Python | os.readv() method
- Python | os.chdir() method
- Python | os.writev() method
- Python | iter() method
- Python | os.chmod method
- Python Pytorch eye() method
- sympy.log() method in Python
- Python | os.listdir() method
- Python | os.WIFSIGNALED() method
- Python | sys.getdefaultencoding() method
- Python | sys.setrecursionlimit() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Akanksha_Rai