Installing Jenkins on Windows
Jenkins is primarily used for continuous integration and continuous delivery on a platform. It is a Java application that has multiple plugins for automating all components at an infrastructure level. These plugins are responsible for all the different functionalities of Jenkins.
In this article, we will look into the process of installing Jenkins on a Windows machine.
Prerequisites to install Jenkins:
- Operating System : Windows
- JDK Version: JDK 8 – Java SE
- Memory: 2 GB
- Disk space: 500MB
Follow the below step to install Jenkins in your Windows operating system:
- Step 1: Go to https://jenkins.io/download/
- Step 2: Choose the Platform on which you are interested to install.
- Step 3: For this we selected Windows, you can download either LTS or weekly releases. Click on Download for Windows 64-bit. File will download
- Step 4: Double-click on the file which is downloaded, this will lead to the below window. Click Next twice.
- Step 5: Click next and give your name and mail details and click next
- Step 6: Click on the Allow access button and Finish Button
- Step 7: Click on Access Jenkins
- Step 8: Type the user name and password which had given earlier to open Jenkins
- Step 9: Click install suggested plug-in and click continue
- Step 10: Click on save and finish
- Step 11: Refresh the screen and you will login into Jenkins