We have discussed Insertion Sort for arrays. In this article same for linked list is discussed.
Below is simple insertion sort algorithm for linked list.
1) Create an empty sorted (or result) list 2) Traverse the given list, do following for every node. ......a) Insert current node in sorted way in sorted or result list. 3) Change head of given linked list to head of sorted (or result) list.
The main step is (2.a) which has been covered in below post.
Sorted Insert for Singly Linked List
Below is implementation of above algorithm
Linked List before sorting 30 3 4 20 5 Linked List after sorting 3 4 5 20 30
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Find the middle of a given linked list in C and Java
- Program for n'th node from the end of a Linked List
- Write a function to get Nth node in a Linked List
- Given only a pointer/reference to a node to be deleted in a singly linked list, how do you delete it?
- Detect loop in a linked list
- Write a function to delete a Linked List
- Write a function that counts the number of times a given int occurs in a Linked List
- Reverse a linked list
- Given only a pointer to a node to be deleted in a singly linked list, how do you delete it?
- Write a function to get the intersection point of two Linked Lists
- Function to check if a singly linked list is palindrome
- The Great Tree-List Recursion Problem.
- Clone a linked list with next and random pointer | Set 1
- Memory efficient doubly linked list
- Given a linked list which is sorted, how will you insert in sorted way