Inserting a row in Pandas DataFrame is a very straight forward process and we have already discussed approaches in how insert rows at the start of the Dataframe. Now, let’s discuss the ways in which we can insert a row at any position in the dataframe having integer based index.
Solution #1 : There does not exist any in-built function in pandas which will help us to insert a row at any specific position in the given dataframe. So, we are going to write our own customized function to achieve the result.
Note : Inserting rows in-between the rows in Pandas Dataframe is an inefficient operation and the user should avoid it.
Now we will write a customized function to insert a row at any given position in the dataframe.
In case the given row_number is invalid, say total number of rows in dataframe are 100 then maximum value of row_number can be 101, i.e. adding row at the last of dataframe. Any number greater than 101 will given an error message.
Example #2: Another customized function which will use
Pandas.concat() function to insert a row at any given position in the dataframe.
A customized function to insert a row at any given position in the dataframe.
- Insert a given column at a specific position in a Pandas DataFrame
- Get the specified row value of a given Pandas DataFrame
- Get a specific row in a given Pandas DataFrame
- Python | Pandas dataframe.insert()
- Convert given Pandas series into a dataframe with its index as another column on the dataframe
- Python | Change column names and row indexes in Pandas DataFrame
- Apply function to every row in a Pandas DataFrame
- Add a row at top in pandas DataFrame
- Select row with maximum and minimum value in Pandas dataframe
- Select any row from a Dataframe in Pandas | Python
- Select any row from a Dataframe using iloc and iat in Pandas
- How to Sort a Pandas DataFrame based on column names or row index?
- Apply a function to each row or column in Dataframe using pandas.apply()
- How to add one row in an existing Pandas DataFrame?
- Find maximum values & position in columns and rows of a Dataframe in Pandas
- Get minimum values in rows or columns with their index position in Pandas-Dataframe
- Python | Pandas DataFrame.fillna() to replace Null values in dataframe
- Pandas Dataframe.to_numpy() - Convert dataframe to Numpy array
- Select a row of series or dataframe by given integer index
- How to get column and row names in DataFrame?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.