Input Output Ports
Ports: The connection point acts as an interface between the computer and external devices like printers, modems, etc.
There are two types of ports :
- Internal Port: It connects the system’s motherboard to internal devices like hard disk, CD drive, internal Bluetooth, etc.
- External Port: It connects the system’s motherboard to external devices like a mouse, printer, USB, etc.
Some important types of ports are as per follows:
1. Serial Port :
- Used for external modems and older computer mouse
- Two versions-9pin,25pin
- Data travels at 115 kilobits per second
2. Parallel Port :
- Used for scanners and printers
- 25 pin model
3. Universal Serial Bus (or USB) Port :
- It can connect all kinds of external USB devices such as external hard disks, printers, scanners, mouse, keyboards, etc.
- Data travels at 12 megabits per second.
4. Firewire Port :
- Transfers large amounts of data at a very fast speed.
- Connects camcorders and video equipment to the computer.
- Data travels at 400 to 800 megabits per second.
5. Ethernet Port :
- Connects to a network and high-speed Internet.
- Data travels at 10 megabits to 1000 megabits per second depending upon the network bandwidth.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...