I participated in Pool Campus Drive for Infosys held in October 2019 for students graduating in 2020 and got selected for the Job Profile of Systems Engineer. This pool drive was held for three colleges under IPU, Delhi with over 1000 students participating with 374 from our college alone.
- Greater than 60% or equivalent in X
- Greater than 60% or equivalent in XII
- Greater than 65% or equivalent in Diploma(if any)
- Greater than 65% or equivalent in BE/B.Tech
- Greater than 60% or equivalent in ME/M.Tech(if any)
- No active backlogs
The selection process consisted of two rounds.
Round 1: The first day began with a Company presentation where they enlighten you on the work environment and scope of the job. It is followed by a QnA session where you may ask doubts, if any, regarding the company. It’s a good place to pay attention to, in case you are asked something like, “Why infosys?” in HR interview.
This is followed by an Online Test which is a crucial part of selection. It consists of Three Sections :
- Test-Section I/Arithmetic Reasoning and Analytical Thinking(25 mins): It consists of 15 Aptitude Questions which are of medium level in difficulty. Data Interpretation, Percentage, Probability, Time and Work, Speed time distance, Mixture Allegations and Permutation and Combination are the most frequently asked topics.
- Test-Section II/ Mathematical critical thinking and Logical reasoning(35 mins): It consists of 10 logical reasoning questions. The important topics asked are Crypt-arithmetic, Data Sufficiency, Logical Deduction and Clocks and Calendars. They are of high difficulty level, especially crypt-arithmetic, which in a mandate in Infosys placement paper.
- Test Section III/Test of communicative English(35 mins): There are about 40 questions under this section with high difficulty. Most of the paper is Comprehension based, so be ready to read long paragraphs. Error spotting, sentence correction and para jumbles are the most often asked with many other types.
Post the exam, we received an email from College TNP cell within a few hours listing students selected for the Interview round to be held the next day. 403 students out of the three colleges managed to crack this round. I would again like to mention that the Aptitude round is the crucial round. Once you crack that, you have quite high chances of getting the Offer as interview is mostly easy and around your resume.
Round 2: The technical and HR interview was held as a combined interview. The questions highlighted below are the ones that were asked from everyone.
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Explain your projects stated in the resume followed by a couple of technical questions regarding the project.(If you have multiple projects, your technical interview may end here.) [I had fewer number of projects.]
- My projects were coded in Python so he asked a couple of basic questions from Python. Like, name a couple of functions used in Python with Lists. How are constructors in Python defined?
- Explain the concept of Abstraction.
- Write code for Linear Search.
- Are you comfortable with working on different technologies? [YES]
- Are you comfortable with relocation for the Job? [YES]
- Do you have any queries? [Ask a subtle questions about job profile or responsibilities you may have to work through.]
I thanked the interviewer and left the room. The result was emailed within a few hours and 268 students in total were offered Job with 75 from our college.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.