Infosys Interview Experience for Specialist Programmer
Round 1: This was a combined round for global participants. Infosys conducted two hiring programs namely HackwithInfy and Infytq. People can participate in any one or both of them. I participated in Hackwithinfy. Students/Professionals willing to participate can register at Onwingspan.
Infosys conducts these rounds once every year. The registration begins at least one month before the exam.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
About Hackwithinfy Coding Round: There were 3 Dynamic Programming based questions to be solved in about 180 minutes. I was able to solve 2 questions completely and 1 question partially. The difficulty of problems varies from easy to hard. No two participants get the same set of all three questions, but there can be common questions.
It is known that
- Participants who were able to solve 3 questions completely will advance to the finals and will also be offered a pre-placement interview opportunity for the Power Programmer role.
- Participants who were able to solve 2 questions completely will be offered a pre-placement interview opportunity for the Power Programmer role.
- Participants who were able to solve 1 question completely will be offered a pre-placement interview opportunity for the Digital Specialist Engineer role.
Round 2: This was a technical interview round. A link to a Webex meeting was shared two days before the interview was scheduled. The following were the questions asked:
- Tell me about yourself
- What do you know about the Travelling Sales Person problem?
- How do you solve the problem?
- I told him that this is an NP-Hard problem. There are no polynomial-time algorithms to solve the problem.
- There are Pseudo-Polynomial time algorithms that use the concept of Dynamic Programming.
- Can you code the solution?
- I was asked to share my screen, open any editor of my choice and start coding the Dynamic Programming based solution in any language of my choice.
- I chose Microsoft Visual Studio Code and Python to implement the solution. He gave me a time of 40 minutes to implement the solution. I was able to do it in about 30 minutes.
- Then we discussed the solution and improvements to the implementation.
- He was kinda happy to see me following Python’s Coding Conventions.
- Talk about your projects
- Why did you use this technology?
- Did you face any difficulties while working on the project?
- How did you overcome them?
- Was that a group project or you worked on it alone?
- How did you resolve the clash between your ideas and that of your partner?
- Do you have any questions?
This round ended very well. The interviewer was quite impressed with my performance. It is known that people who were unable to perform well in the Pre-placement Interview for the Power Programmer role were offered another opportunity of the pre-placement interview for the Digital Specialist Engineer role.
However, there was no information from the Hiring Managers or Placement Coordinators for about 2 months. This was probably because there were interviews going on with other college students. Then they sent a mail for selected students.
There wasn’t any HR round or another Technical round for me.
Verdict: Selected for Specialist Programmer (previously called Power Programmer) Role