Indus Valley Partners Interview Experience for Associate Software Developer | On-Campus 2021
Eligibility Criteria: Throughout 65% (10th,12th, UG, and PG individually)
Round 1: The first round comprised of 65 MCQ questions (Test Duration: 65 minutes):
- You can shift to any section.
- There was no negative marking.
- The test was not procured.
Round 2(Technical Interview Round-1): The interview started with Tell me about yourself.
- Explain OOPs Concept.
- Why are abstract classes needed over interface? (Explained with real-life example)
- I was asked to share my screen and write a code of merge sort on online ide.
- A is Base class and B is Derived Class Then which are valid Statements?
A a1=new A(); //Valid A a2=new B(); //Valid B b1=new B(); //Valid B b2=new A(); //Invalid
- How to get a third-last element of the linked list? ( You are not given the size of the linked list.)
- Every element appears thrice except one element. Solve it in 0(N) Time complexity with no restriction on space complexity.
Input: [2,2,2,1,3,3,3] Output:1
- How will you fetch your name using the MongoDB query? (I have mentioned MongoDb in my resume.)
- What is left join on these two tables?
Table A Table B 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 Ans: 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3
- You have to distribute 17 horses to three persons where A gets 1/2 horses B gets 1/3 and C gets 1/9.
A=ceil(17/2)=9 horses B=ceil(17/3)=6 horses C=ceil(17/9)=2 horses 9+6+2=17
The interview Duration was 35-40 minutes.
Round-3 (Technical Interview Round-2)
- I was asked which programming language I am comfortable with. ( I told Java)
- Why do you need a protected modifier and explain with real-life examples?
- Why do you need interfaces in java?
- Can you create an object of the parent class with reference to the child class? (Ans: No)
- What is function overloading?
- Can we overload the function with the same name and signature but a different return type? (Ans: No)
int fun(int a); String fun(int a);
- Sir shared his screen and I need to tell the output of the Program. (Question was on Dynamic polymorphism).
- Difference between centralized and noncentralized Databases?
- I was asked to write a join query. Sir has shared his screen to show me tables which I need to join.
The interview Duration was 20-25 minutes.
Round 4(HR Round): I was asked to read my resume for her.
- I was asked do I know what will be my job responsibilities.
- She asked me do I know the names of my interviews in Round 1 and Round 2.
- Explain Academics projects.
- Explain Internships.
- Have you ever worked in a team? Then what do you do in case of conflict?
- I was asked if I have any questions for her. (I asked one).
The interview Duration was 10-15 minutes.
Tips: Read your resume before the interview. Be calm & answer politely.