Indus Valley Partners Interview Experience for Associate Software Developer | On-Campus 2021
Eligibility Criteria: Throughout 65% (10th,12th, UG, and PG individually)
Round 1: The first round comprised of 65 MCQ questions (Test Duration: 65 minutes):
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- You can shift to any section.
- There was no negative marking.
- The test was not procured.
Round 2(Technical Interview Round-1): The interview started with Tell me about yourself.
- Explain OOPs Concept.
- Why are abstract classes needed over interface? (Explained with real-life example)
- I was asked to share my screen and write a code of merge sort on online ide.
- A is Base class and B is Derived Class Then which are valid Statements?
A a1=new A(); //Valid A a2=new B(); //Valid B b1=new B(); //Valid B b2=new A(); //Invalid
- How to get a third-last element of the linked list? ( You are not given the size of the linked list.)
- Every element appears thrice except one element. Solve it in 0(N) Time complexity with no restriction on space complexity.
Input: [2,2,2,1,3,3,3] Output:1
- How will you fetch your name using the MongoDB query? (I have mentioned MongoDb in my resume.)
- What is left join on these two tables?
Table A Table B 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 Ans: 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3
- You have to distribute 17 horses to three persons where A gets 1/2 horses B gets 1/3 and C gets 1/9.
A=ceil(17/2)=9 horses B=ceil(17/3)=6 horses C=ceil(17/9)=2 horses 9+6+2=17
The interview Duration was 35-40 minutes.
Round-3 (Technical Interview Round-2)
- I was asked which programming language I am comfortable with. ( I told Java)
- Why do you need a protected modifier and explain with real-life examples?
- Why do you need interfaces in java?
- Can you create an object of the parent class with reference to the child class? (Ans: No)
- What is function overloading?
- Can we overload the function with the same name and signature but a different return type? (Ans: No)
int fun(int a); String fun(int a);
- Sir shared his screen and I need to tell the output of the Program. (Question was on Dynamic polymorphism).
- Difference between centralized and noncentralized Databases?
- I was asked to write a join query. Sir has shared his screen to show me tables which I need to join.
The interview Duration was 20-25 minutes.
Round 4(HR Round): I was asked to read my resume for her.
- I was asked do I know what will be my job responsibilities.
- She asked me do I know the names of my interviews in Round 1 and Round 2.
- Explain Academics projects.
- Explain Internships.
- Have you ever worked in a team? Then what do you do in case of conflict?
- I was asked if I have any questions for her. (I asked one).
The interview Duration was 10-15 minutes.
Tips: Read your resume before the interview. Be calm & answer politely.