Incedo Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Incedo Inc. visited our campus in August 2021 and two roles were offered i.e Software Tester and Software Developer Trainee. I choose Software Developer Trainee.
Written Test: Around 300 students appeared for this round. This round was easy to moderate level. The test consisted of quantitative aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning. There were MCQs based on coding, OOPs, DBMS, etc. The good part is there’s no complete coding round. Instead, there were 7 debugging-type questions that were to be solved in 20 minutes and most of them were of easy level. You just have to keep the track of the time. The round lasted for 2 hours.
Out of almost 300 students, around 70 students for the next round and I was one of them.
Technical Round: The interviewer asked me to introduce myself. Then, she moved to projects and asked me to explain briefly about my projects. She asked me the advantages and disadvantages of every technology that I used.
Some of the questions are listed below:
- Differences between MySql and MongoDB.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using React?
- Explain anonymous functions.
- What is Placeholder?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Node JS?
- What is the use of the package.json file?
- How to update the version of express JS in an existing application?
- What are pseudo-class and pseudo-element in CSS?
- Write a query to select names of students from 2 different classes whose names start with P?
The whole interview revolved around web technologies only. The interview lasted for around 30 minutes. Around one and a half-hour later, I got the mail that I got selected for the next round.
Leadership Round: This was the final round and it started with my introduction. And then, he asked me to share my screen and write the code to print the Fibonacci series and asked me to elaborate my approach. Then he asked me to write a query to search the second last record of a particular person from a given table. Then he discussed my projects. The discussion of the projects was quite similar to the technical round.
Then he asked me few behavioral questions, which were:
- Tell me about your hobbies.
- Tell me about your habits.
- How many friends do you have?
- What kind of relationship do you share with your classmates?
- If you are working on a project with 3 students, and they are not delivering what is expected from them. What will you do then?
- Why Incedo?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 months?
And many common behavioral questions were asked which I answered confidently. In the end, I asked him about his views on my candidacy. This round lasted for around 40 minutes.
Tip: You must know each and every detail of your project and everything you have written in your resume. Have basic knowledge of basic SQL queries.
Verdict – Not selected