In what ways was the history of the Gonds different from that of the Ahoms? Were there any similarities?
During the medieval period, two significant clans which cooperated with different clans and rose to control were the Gonds and the Ahoms. The Gonds were an enormous clan, living in forested districts called Gondwana or the “country possessed by Gonds.” It comprised of more modest groups managed by individual rajas or rais and working on moving development.
During the downfall of the Delhi sultanate, the heads of huge Gonds families began ruling the more modest factions, prompting a continuous centralization of their managerial framework. Each realm was separated into garhs, which were additionally partitioned into town units called chaurasis. A chaurasi was additionally partitioned into barhots.
The Ahoms were another significant clan, overwhelming in Vedic India. They lived in Myanmar and moved to the Brahmaputra valley in the mid thirteenth 100 years. The Ahoms didn’t have their own realms, however made their state by smothering the more established political arrangement of the landowners, known as Bhuiyans.
The economy of this new state was subject to constrained work called paiks. Their state was partitioned into factions or khels. The men of the Ahoms fabricated dams, water system frameworks and public works and supported craftsmanship and writing. They additionally made an interpretation of Sanskrit works into the neighborhood language, and composed verifiable works known as buranjis in the Ahom language, and afterward in Assamese.
The historical backdrop of the Gonds was different to that of the Ahoms in the accompanying ways
- The Ahoms governed the locale of Northeastern India while the Gonds were the leaders of the Southern piece of India.
- The Ahoms were initially from the Burma area though the Gonds were of the Gondwana locale.
- The Gonds realm was incorporated into the Mughal Empire while the Ahom Empire was coordinated into the British Raj.
- The Gonds society didn’t utilize Gunpowder however the Ahoms utilized Gunpowder and Cannons for a huge scope.
- The Gonds didn’t advance social improvements however the Ahoms allowed prizes to extraordinary writers and social activists.
The following are the similarities in the Ahom and the Gonds Empires
- The Gonds and the Ahoms were extremely strong in their area of rule.
- The Gonds as well as the Ahoms had the option to oppose the Mughal intrusions into their domains.
- The Gonds as well as the Ahoms had an exceptionally concentrated type of organization.
Question 1: Who were the Gonds tribes?
Gonds, gathering of native people groups (presently formally assigned as Scheduled Tribes) of focal and south-focal India, around 2,000,000 in number. They live in the territories of Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, and Odisha.
Question 2: What are the principal festivals of Gonds?
Madai is the one more significant celebration celebrated among the Gonds. It is the celebration when Gonds meet their family members got comfortable different pieces of the country. During this celebration they likewise penance goat beneath the consecrated town tree to assuage the ancestral Goddess.
Question 3: What was the origin of Ahoms?
They started in the Chinese area of Yunnan and started moving into Indochina and northern Myanmar (Burma) in the main hundreds of years promotion. Their unique language is currently terminated, and they communicate in Assamese.