Importance of Computer Networking
Computer networking refers to the practice of connecting computers and other digital devices together to share resources and exchange information. It involves the use of hardware and software technologies that enable communication between computers and other devices, whether they are located in the same physical location or are geographically dispersed.
A computer network allows for the sharing of resources such as printers, files, and data storage, as well as the ability to communicate with other computers and access the internet. Networking also enables collaboration between individuals and groups, and supports the transfer of data and information across a variety of platforms and devices.
There are several types of computer networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), metropolitan area networks (MANs), and wireless networks. Each type of network has its own characteristics and benefits, and can be used in different settings depending on the needs of the users.
Computer networking has become an essential component of modern society, and plays a critical role in the functioning of businesses, governments, and individuals alike. As technology continues to advance, computer networking will continue to evolve and play an increasingly important role in our daily lives.
In today’s world computer has become an integral part of the business sector for professional activities not only for professional activities but for personal activities also. As technologies have evolved networking came into the picture and slowly from initial wired network technology we moved to this wireless network technology. Now if we will think then we can know that networking impacts everything. Computer Network is an interconnection between computers or we can say computer network is group of computers linked to each other which enables one computer to communicate with another computer. It acts as basis of communication in Information Technology (IT). It is system of connected computing devices and shares information and resources between them. The devices in network are connected by communication links (wired/wireless) and share data by Data Communication System. There are several types of computer networks are there, typical differences in between different types of computer networks lies in the geographical areas they serve and their core purpose. An example of computer network includes let us think about classroom and in class, two friends are there with their own laptops, but communication between two processes is established even if the two laptops are physically separated means they are in computer network. Another example may be to let us think about our college office suppose there are four computers and each computer generates some print jobs daily. Without networking four computers needs four separate printers, one printer for each computer to meet print requirement. But actually it is not if we will see all four computers are connected to only one printer with the help of networking. Let us keep word computer network away for some time and think about Internet then only we can know what is the need of internet nowadays and how much important it is for our life. Starting from day to the end of the day everyone uses Internet for their work and this internet is nothing but vast network that connects computers all over the world. So now I think we have understood importance of computer networks in our daily life. Computer networking has its various functionalities, goals, and advantages and disadvantages with it but importance of it is truly unique. Let us go into little bit detail and know about importance of computer networks to great extent.
Importance of Computer Networking :
In the world of Information Technology (IT) information is building block for effective communication. Communication is medium that helps us to drive our day to day professional and personal operations. Where computer networking acts as base of everything as the best and most important IT solutions. Below is list of points that we do with the help of computer networks, or things that we get benefited with the help of computer networks or it has become possible or effective due to computer network. Let us know all points and after that, we can understand importance of computer networking.
- Provides best way of business communication.
- Streamline communication.
- Cost-effective resource sharing.
- Improving storage efficiency and volume.
- Cut costs on software.
- Cut costs on hardware.
- Utilizes Centralized Database.
- Increase in efficiency.
- Optimize convenience and flexibility.
- Allows File sharing.
- sharing of peripherals and internet access.
- Network gaming.
- Voice over IP (VoIP).
- Media Center Server.
- Centralize network administration, meaning less IT support.
- Allowing information sharing.
- Supporting distributed processing.
- User communication.
- Overcoming geographic separation.
Computer networking has also played a crucial role in the development of new technologies like cloud computing, big data analytics, and the Internet of Things have all benefited greatly from computer networking (IoT). Businesses are now able to gather and analyse enormous volumes of data, automate their procedures, and make better choices faster thanks to these technology.
In general, we can see “Communication” and “Sharing”, that is all networking is about in simple terms. It enables everything that we do today. In the current scenario, the business would not work without computer networking and our personal and social life will also feel like it has been stopped.
Uses of computer network :
There are many different uses and applications for computer networks, including:
Resource sharing: One of the primary uses of computer networks is to share resources, such as printers, scanners, and data storage devices. This allows multiple users to access the same resources, which can help to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
Communication: Computer networks also facilitate communication between individuals and groups, whether through email, instant messaging, or video conferencing. This can be especially valuable for remote workers, or for teams that are spread out across different locations.
Collaboration: Networks can enable collaboration between multiple users, allowing them to work together on the same project or document in real-time. This can be especially useful for teams that are working on complex projects or that need to coordinate their efforts closely.
Internet access: Computer networks provide access to the internet, which is essential for many businesses and individuals. This allows users to browse websites, access online resources, and communicate with others around the world.
Data sharing: Networks allow for the sharing of data and information, whether between users in the same organization or between different organizations. This can be valuable for data analysis, research, and other applications that require access to large amounts of information.
Security: Computer networks can be used to implement security measures, such as firewalls and encryption, which can help to protect sensitive information and prevent unauthorized access.
Why use computer network ?
There are many reasons why computer networks are used in modern society. Some of the key reasons include:
- Resource sharing: Networks enable multiple users to share resources such as printers, data storage devices, and other hardware and software resources. This can help to reduce costs, increase efficiency, and improve productivity.
- Communication: Networks provide a way for individuals and groups to communicate and collaborate with each other, whether through email, instant messaging, video conferencing, or other means. This can be especially valuable for businesses and organizations that have employees in different locations or who work remotely.
- Access to information: Networks provide access to information and data, which can be essential for businesses and individuals who need to access information quickly and efficiently. Networks also enable the sharing of information between individuals and groups, which can help to facilitate collaboration and innovation.
- Internet access: Networks provide access to the internet, which is essential for businesses, organizations, and individuals who need to access online resources, communicate with others around the world, and stay up-to-date with the latest news and trends.
- Security: Networks can be used to implement security measures such as firewalls, encryption, and other technologies that can help to protect sensitive information and prevent unauthorized access.
- Remote Management: Networking allows administrators to remotely manage and monitor devices and systems, making it easier to troubleshoot and resolve issues without having to be physically present.
- Cloud Computing: Networking is essential for cloud computing, allowing users to access and use cloud-based services and applications from anywhere in the world.
- Competitive Advantage: Networking can provide a competitive advantage by enabling businesses and organizations to collaborate more effectively, improve productivity, and enhance customer service.
Please Login to comment...