Selenium Python is one of the great tools for testing automation. These days most of the web apps are using AJAX techniques. When a page is loaded by the browser, the elements within that page may load at different time intervals. This makes locating elements difficult: if an element is not yet present in the DOM, a locate function will raise an ElementNotVisibleException exception. Using waits, we can solve this issue. Waiting provides some slack between actions performed – mostly locating an element or any other operation with the element. Selenium Webdriver provides two types of waits – implicit & explicit. This article revolves around Implicit waits in Selenium Python.
An implicit wait tells WebDriver to poll the DOM for a certain amount of time when trying to find any element (or elements) not immediately available. The default setting is 0. Once set, the implicit wait is set for the life of the WebDriver object. Let’s consider an example –
This waits up to 10 seconds before throwing a TimeoutException unless it finds the element to return within 10 seconds.
How to create an Implicit wait in Selenium Python ?
Implicit wait as defined would be the set using implicitly_wait method of driver. Let’s implement this on https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/ and wait 10 seconds before locating an element.
First it opens https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/ and then finds Courses link
It clicks on courses links and is redirected to https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/
- Waits in Selenium Python
- Explicit waits in Selenium Python
- Selenium Python Basics
- Exceptions - Selenium Python
- How to take screenshot using Selenium in Python ?
- How to get current_url using Selenium in Python?
- How to install Selenium in Python
- Selenium Python Tutorial
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Selenium Python Introduction and Installation
- Writing Tests using Selenium Python
- Python | page_source method in Selenium
- Gmail Login using Python Selenium
- Element methods in Selenium Python
- Search Google Using Python Selenium
- Non blocking wait in selenium using Python
- Action Chains in Selenium Python
- How to get title of a webpage using Selenium in Python?
- Python - Opening links using Selenium
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.