Impetus Technologies Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer
There were basically 4 rounds conducted at Impetus Technologies:
- Written Round
- Technical Round 1
- Technical Round 2
- HR Round
I applied at impetus in July 2021 and interviewed in the month of August 2021.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Written Round: This round was for 1.5 hours and had 2 coding questions to be solved and 2 SQL queries were to be written. Both coding questions were easy and the SQL queries were medium to difficult range.
On the same day I got a mail that my interview is scheduled on the next day.
Technical Round 1: This round went for about 1 hour. The interviewer started with the introduction. The questions were as follows:
- Explain OOPs and their features.
- What is abstraction and can we inherit abstract classes or not. Then she gave me a code based on abstraction and inheritance and asked me to print the output.
- What is operator overloading and asked to write the code of it?
- What is copy constructor and explain it with an example
- What is the difference between linked list and array and a comparison of the time complexity for different operations in an array and linked list?
- What is BCNF
- Difference between unique key and primary key.
- What is self join and asked to write a query based on that
- Writing the program of Fibonacci series using recursion and DP and then dry run them.
- What is pre tag in HTML
- Where is tree and graph data structure used in real life
- What is Dijkstra Algorithm
- What is the difference between multithreading and multitasking
- Asked to explain the projects mentioned in my resume.
Technical Round 2: The interviewer straight away jumped to the questions which are as follows:
- Asked about my internships and the work I have done there.
- What is ACID properties?
- How is isolation performed and executed in transactions in DBMS
- What is serial schedules and how it is implemented
- Write a query to find the 9th max salary from the table.
- What are cursors and how are they implemented
- What do you mean by paging and fragmentation?
- What is virtual memory
- Caching in Computer Architecture.
- the Write a code to reverse a linked list
- Write a code to count the no of leaf nodes in a binary tree
- Explain OOPs
- What is diamond problem in inheritance
HR Round: Basic HR questions like will you be able to relocate after pandemic. That’s it.