Image Forgery can be largely divided into two sub categories:
(1) Copy Move Forgery
(2) Image Splicing
Copy Move Forgery
Copy Move forgery is a process of making a composite picture by cutting some object from image and adding it to the same image.
Image Splicing is a process of making a composite picture by cutting some object from image and adding it to the some other image.
Image Splicing is comparatively harder to detect than copy move forgery because it is easy to detect similar contours of object in the same image as they will have the same texture,transitions(curves and lines),size,etc whereas in case of image splicing different objects are introduced with different texture and image feature complexity,hence making it difficult to detect.
In next article ,we will be discussing about image splicing detection procedure.
This article is contributed by Abhishek Rajput. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using
contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Image Processing in Java | Set 3 (Colored image to greyscale image conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 6 (Colored image to Sepia image conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 4 (Colored image to Negative image conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 5 (Colored to Red Green Blue Image Conversion)
- MATLAB | Converting a Grayscale Image to Binary Image using Thresholding
- Image Processing in Java | Set 7 (Creating a random pixel image)
- Getting started with Scikit-image: image processing in Python
- Image Processing in Java | Set 11 (Changing orientation of image)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 8 (Creating mirror image)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 10 ( Watermarking an image )
- MATLAB | RGB image to grayscale image conversion
- What is Image Blurring
- Image Formats
- Image Resizing in Matlab
- Image Manipulation Using Quadtrees