Taking pictures is just a matter of click so why playing around with it should be more than few lines of code. Seems not a case with python. There are quite a few good libraries available in python to process images such as open-cv, Pillow etc. In this article we’ll be using Open CV, an open source library for computer vision. It has C++, python and java interfaces available. It’s highly optimized (written in C/C++) for real time applications in the domain of computer vision.
Let’s start with a simple one i.e Scaling an image.
Scaling an Image :-
Scaling operation increases/reduces size of an image.
Rotating an image :-
Images can be rotated to any degree clockwise or otherwise. We just need to define rotation matrix listing rotation point, degree of rotation and the scaling factor.
Translating an Image :-
Translating an image means shifting it within a given frame of reference.
Edge detection in an Image :-
The process of image detection involves detecting sharp edges in the image. This edge detection is essential in context of image recognition or object localization/detection. There are several algorithms for detecting edges due to it’s wide applicability. We’ll be using one such algorithm known as Canny Edge Detection.
Please refer Github for more details.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Image Edge Detection Operators in Digital Image Processing
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Point Processing in Image Processing using Python-OpenCV
- Matlab | Edge Detection of an image without using in-built function
- MATLAB - Image Edge Detection using Prewitt Operator from Scratch
- MATLAB - Image Edge Detection using Sobel Operator from Scratch
- MATLAB - Image Edge Detection using Robert Operator from Scratch
- Image Processing in Java | Set 9 ( Face Detection )
- Image Processing in Java | Set 3 (Colored image to greyscale image conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 4 (Colored image to Negative image conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 6 (Colored image to Sepia image conversion)
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- Python - Edge Detection using Pillow
- Object Detection with Detection Transformer (DERT) by Facebook
- Edge detection using in-built function in MATLAB
- Image processing with Scikit-image in Python
- Python - Scaling image using pgmagic
- XOR Encryption by Shifting Plaintext
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.