Taking pictures is just a matter of click so why playing around with it should be more than few lines of code. Seems not a case with python. There are quite a few good libraries available in python to process images such as open-cv, Pillow etc. In this article we’ll be using Open CV, an open source library for computer vision. It has C++, python and java interfaces available. It’s highly optimized (written in C/C++) for real time applications in the domain of computer vision.
Let’s start with a simple one i.e Scaling an image.
Scaling an Image :-
Scaling operation increases/reduces size of an image.
Rotating an image :-
Images can be rotated to any degree clockwise or otherwise. We just need to define rotation matrix listing rotation point, degree of rotation and the scaling factor.
Translating an Image :-
Translating an image means shifting it within a given frame of reference.
Edge detection in an Image :-
The process of image detection involves detecting sharp edges in the image. This edge detection is essential in context of image recognition or object localization/detection. There are several algorithms for detecting edges due to it’s wide applicability. We’ll be using one such algorithm known as Canny Edge Detection.
Please refer Github for more details.
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Matlab | Edge Detection of an image without using in-built function
- Image Processing in Java | Set 9 ( Face Detection )
- Getting started with Scikit-image: image processing in Python
- Image Processing without OpenCV | Python
- Image Processing in Java | Set 6 (Colored image to Sepia image conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 4 (Colored image to Negative image conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 3 (Colored image to greyscale image conversion)
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Gradient) | Set-3
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Closing) | Set-2
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Opening) | Set-1
- Image Processing in Java | Set 5 (Colored to Red Green Blue Image Conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 7 (Creating a random pixel image)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 11 (Changing orientation of image)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.