If you’re one of those tech enthusiasts who want to build a career with a Government organization then there is a remarkable job opportunity for you. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is conducting an exam for the posts of IT Officer that can land you up a job opportunity in any of the various public sector banks. The candidates will be selected through a 3 stage selection process – Prelims, Mains Exam & Interview and will be appointed into the Scale-I posts. To know everything about the exam in detail, you’re recommended to go through the complete article.
*The Mains Examination for IBPS SO 2021 (IT Officer) will be held on January 24, 2021*
You need to ensure that you satisfy the below-mentioned eligibility criteria before applying for the IBPS SO 2021 – IT Officer exam:
- Candidates must fulfill the Nationality guidelines as described by the organization.
- The minimum age of candidates is 20 years and the maximum age is 30 years (as of November 01, 2020).
- The candidate should possess 4 year Engineering / Technology Degree in Computer Science / Computer Applications / Information Technology / Electronics / Electronics & Telecommunications / Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Instrumentation OR
- Candidates with a Post Graduate degree in a similar discipline will also be eligible OR
- A graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level will also be eligible to apply for IBPS SO 2020
Selection Process and Exam Pattern
The selection procedure for IBPS SO 2021 – IT Officer exam will be consists of 3 stages that are described below:
1. Preliminary Examination: This is the first round where the candidates are required to appear for Multiple choice questions based online test and it is of qualifying nature. The exam is conducted in online mode and consists of a total of 150 questions. Candidates are required to complete the exam in a duration of 120 minutes. Also, there is a negative marking of 1/4 marks.
No. Of Questions
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 min|
The medium of Examination: English and Hindi (Except for the language section)
2. Mains Examination: The candidates who qualify Preliminary Exam will appear for the Mains Exam. The Mains Exam will also be conducted in Online Mode and the duration of the exam is of 45 Minutes.
No. Of Questions
|Professional Knowledge||60||60||45 min|
3. Interview: The candidates who qualify Mains Examination will be shortlisted for the Interview Round. The Interview will be of 100 marks and the final merit list will be prepared based on the total marks in Online Main Examination and Interview with a weightage of 80:20 respectively. The candidates are required to come up with all the required documents while appearing for the Interview for the Document Verification process.
What to Prepare?
Based on various previous year question papers and other parameters, we’ve compiled a list of the most important topics that you need to cover to crack the exam:
- Seating Arrangement & Puzzles
- Verbal Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relations
- Coding / Decoding
- Direction & Distance
- Input / Output
- Clocks | Calendars
- Order and Ranking
- Alphanumeric series
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Completion
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Improvement
3. Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equations | Linear Equations
- Permutation & Combination
- Mensuration | Percentage
- Partnership | Ratio & Proportion | Problem on Ages
- Average | Profit & Loss | Simple and Compound Interest
- Time & Work | Time & Distance
4. Professional Knowledge
- Operating System (Types of OS, Processes & Threads, Scheduling Algorithms, Semaphores, Deadlock, Bankers Algorithm, Memory Management, Paging, Page Replacement Algorithms, Thrashing, etc.)
- Database Management System (Introduction, E-R diagrams, Normalization, Tuple, ACID properties, SQL Queries, Transaction and Concurrency Control, Functional Dependencies, Data Warehouse Modeling, etc)
- Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
- Data Structures & Algorithms (Stacks & Queues, Binary Trees, Heaps, Linked Lists, Arrays, Graphs, Asymptotic Notation, Searching & Sorting techniques, etc.)
- Computer Networks (Basics, Types of Networks, OSI Model, TCP/IP Model, Multiple Access Protocols, Sliding Window Protocol, Types of Routing, etc.)
- Software Engineering (Software Development Life Cycle, Software Development Models, Software Testing, Top-Down & Bottom-Up Testing Strategies, Software Maintenance, etc.)
- Compiler Design (Parsing, Context Free Grammars, Lexical Analysis, Bottom-up parsing, SLR Parsing, Syntax Directed Translation, Error Handling, etc)
- Computer Organization and Microprocessor (Computer Arithmetic, Instruction Design and Format, Addressing Modes, Cache, Memory Organization, Pipelining, Flip Flop & Latch, Bus organization of 8085 microprocessor, Instruction Format, Multiplexer / De-multiplexer, Ripple Counter, Synchronous Counter, etc.)
Schedule and Vacancies
There is a total of 20 vacancies for the post of IT Officer (Scale – I). The timeline for the IBPS SO 2021 – IT Officer exam is provided below:
|Last Date of Registration||23 Nov 2020|
|Prelims Exam Date||26, 27 Dec 2020|
|Declaration of Prelims Result||06 Jan 2021|
|Release of Call Letter for Mains Exam||January 2021|
|Mains Exam Date||24 Jan 2021|
|Declaration of Mains Result||February 2021|
|Release of Call Letter for Interview||February 2021|
|Interview Date||February 2021|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2021|
The Call Letter / Admit Card for IBPS SO 2021 can be downloaded from the official website. And all the candidates must keep in mind that if you won’t carry the admit card with you on the day of the exam, you won’t be able to appear for the exam.
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply for the IBPS SO 2021 – IT Officer exam via online mode from the official website of IBPS. Also, you’re required to pay the exam fee – of Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWBD candidates and Rs. 850 /- for all others. The steps to fill the application form are provided below to make things more convenient:
- Go to the official website of IBPS and click on the CRP Specialist Officer link from the homepage.
- Then click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CRP- Specialist Officers (CRP-SPL-X)” to access the application form.
- Furthermore, you’re required to register yourself by providing the basic details in the form. Then, a provisional registration number and password will be sent to you on the registered Email ID and Mobile number.
- Now, using the registration no. and password, complete the registration form and Upload the required documents i.e., Photograph, Signature, Left-hand Thumb Impression, and Handwritten Declaration.
- Then after verifying the details provided in the form, you’ll be required to pay the Application Fee. You’re advised to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form for future use.
You need to be very careful while providing the communication details (and other information also) as all the intimations will be sent only to the registered email ID and mobile number.