IBM ISL On Campus Interview Experience.
Round 1: IPAT Online Aptitude Test
This online test is timed, with each question allocated its own time limit of 2.15 minutes. About 18 number series questions and 18 numerical reasoning questions were asked.
[ Number series questions were tricky. Numerical reasoning was simple ]
Round 2: Written Technical
30 Questions to be answered in 40 minutes.
Questions mainly included
– Predict C program output (about 15 questions )
– Few questions from C++
– Few question from Operation systems, networking
– One question on design pattern.
[ Prepare predict-C-code output questions. Check out OS and networking GATE questions ]
Round 3: Technical face-to-face interview
This round lasted about One hour.
– I was asked to explain my favorite project.
– He asked if I know compilers – and asked basic question on lex and yacc.
Question from operation systems:
– Inter-process Communications
– Critical sections
– Semaphores, Mutex (Asked to explain in detail with code)
– Reader-Writer problem
Asked to write code to insert a node in its correct location, given a sorted linked list.
Asked to find least common ancestor given two nodes and the root; given a BST.
At the end he asked a puzzle:
– Given scene has some X no: of chairs and Y no: of persons in a room.
– If each person sit on one chair, exactly one person is left with a chair.
– If two people sit on one chair, the we have one empty chair
Find X and Y.
[ My other classmates were asked a lot on system calls, linker & loaders, multi-threading; basically OS concepts in depth ]
Round 4: HR Round
– Tell me something about yourself.
– What all programming languages you know?
– Why do you choose to join our company ?
– How long will you work in our company ?
– What are the latest developments in the industry ?
– Strengths and weakness ?
– What is cutting edge technology emerging in IT industry ?
– What parameter do you look to take up the job; if you had offer from two company for the same profile?
– Did you attend Pre-placement talk?
– What is one thing you liked about the pre-placement talk?
[If you are lucky; you end up filling laborious employment forms]
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Walmart Interview Experience for SDE2 | Set 19 (3.8 years experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- 7 Innovation Labs Interview Experience (6 Months Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 39 (1.5 years experience)