I recently had interviews with IBM INDIA-ISDL, Bangalore. Here is my Interview Experience.
Round 1 IPAT Online Aptitude Test
This online test is timed, with each question allocated its own time limit of 2.15 minutes. About 18 number series questions and 18 aptitude questions were asked.
[ Number series questions were easy. Aptitude was tricky some of them were lengthy too.There was no negative marking ]
Round 2: Written Technical
30 Questions to be answered in 40 minutes.
Questions mainly included
Predict C program output (about 15 questions )?
Few questions from C++?
Few question from Operation systems(Numericals+Conceptual),Networking(Numericals + Conceptual)?
Two questions on design pattern.?
[ Prepare predict-C-code output questions. Check out OS and networking GATE questions ]
After these two rounds 31 students were shortlisted.
Round 3: Technical face-to-face interview
This round lasted about 45-minutes.
Firstly I was asked to explain my favourite project?
– Secondly he gave me the problem and asked to write the code on paper.The problem was -“You have infinite number of 1,x,y coins.Now you have to make a sum S with minimum number of coins.So find what are the minimum number of coins required to build up the sum S. For e.g. you are given 1,2,5 infinite number of coins,so to make a sum of 10 minimum 2(5,5) coins are required”.
-Then he jumped into the concepts of Operating System.
. Inter-process Communications
. Critical sections
. Virtual Memory
Round 4: HR Round
Tell me something about yourself?
What all programming languages you know ?
– Will you adjust or feel comfortable if you’ll be given Bangalore as a job-location ?
– What are your short and long term goals ?
Strengths and weakness ?
Did you attend Pre-placement talk?
What is one thing you liked about the pre-placement talk?
Round 5: Final HR Round
Tell me something about yourself and family background?
– According to you what is success and what is failure.
– Tell me about your biggest failure and how you overcome from it.
– Where do you see yourself after five years from now ?
– Suppose you got the opportunity to switch from Product A to product B with extra incentives(monetary) then what will you do ?
What do you know about IBM ?
Why should we hire you ?
Did you attend Pre-placement talk ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Computer Scientist (5 yr Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Mentor Graphics (Siemens) Interview Experience (For Experience – 3 yrs) | Sr. MTS
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)