IBM Interview Experience for Associate System Engineer | On-Campus 2021
Each round was an elimination round and all rounds were conducted in online mode.
Round 1(Coding Assessment): 30 min for 1 question.
- Practice basics from GeeksforGeeks
- Prepare topics like String, array, data structures basics.
- Level of question – Medium
Round 2(Cognitive Ability Assessment): 30 min in total.
- There were 5 games, which will include tutorials before the start of each game.
- Tutorials will be enough to understand the game.
Round 3(English Language Test): 30 min in total.
- There will be 3 timed sections with tutorials before each section to understand the pattern.
- Negative marking will be there so avoid many guesses or choose the ‘?’ option in case you don’t know the answer.
- Three sections will be fluency, vocabulary, and spelling.
Round 4(Interview Round): Went for 30 mins
Resume-based questions and mainly look for team-oriented and academic background.
- Introduce yourself?
- Tell me about your family background?
- Why you want to work as a software engineer?(I am from ECE)
- Why did you choose your stream among other streams?
- Which Subject in your stream did you like the most?
- What is k-Map? why we use K-Maps?
- What is DSP?
- Difference between c and c++?
- What is the maximum length of identifier?
- What is auto keyword?
- What is token?
- Explain recursion?
- How you will write infinite loop?
- What do you understand by Virtual function? In which class it is declared?
- Explain exception handling? Difference between error and exception?
- What is container class?
- what is tie in c++?
- Do you have any questions?
Keep the hard copy of your govt id card with you.
Remaining calm and confident listen to questions carefully.