IBM Interview Experience for Associate System Engineer (Off-Campus)
Hello Everyone, Everything held virtual. As it was an off-campus event. All stages are Elimination Rounds. There were 4 rounds. Experience is based on my experience which I gave in May 2021.
Round 1(Coding Assessments): Online coding round was held on hacker rank . There are only one coding questions. Question was of basic level. I was able to pass only 4/7 test cases was the cutoff.
- The question was ” Mixed fraction to improper fraction conversion” which you can practice online. And yes they provide all the basic language to solve the problem.
Round 2(Cognitive Ability Assessment): It went for half an hour. The kinds of skills and competencies that are being tested by this assessment are similar to the standard aptitude .
- There is a series of five gamified assessments which we have to take are – Shortcuts, Gridlocks, Resemble, Numbubbles, Tally up.
- All the games are available on playstore make sure to practice. Only 5% gets eliminated in this round.
Round 3(English Language Test): Some important topics were Active/ Passive Voice, Fill in the blanks, Spotting Error, Spellings, Synonyms, Tenses, and Articles.
- We have been given 15 minutes for 4 sections.
- There were no negative marking. Level of the question was basic only. so try to solve as many question as you can.
- Make sure to solve 40+ questions.
- Only 10% people get eliminated in this round. Only 5% gets eliminated in this round also.
Round 4(Interview): The round went for around 30 minutes.
- They focus on our situational question only . The very less technical question they ask.
- Be confident be honest with your resume, read about IBM.
The whole process will take 45 days.
All the best.