IBM Interview Experience for Associate System Engineer | Off-Campus 2021
Each round was an elimination round and all rounds were conducted in online mode.
Round 1: Coding Assessment
- 30 min for 1 question.
- Leetcode Easy level question.
- Practice basics from GeeksForGeeks and Leetcode.
- Prepare topics like datatype conversion, data structures basics.
Round 2: Cognitive Ability Assessment.
- There were 5 games, which will include tutorials before the start of each game.
- Tutorials will be enough to understand the game.
- 30 min in total.
Round 3: English Language Test.
- There will be 3 timed sections with tutorials before each section to understand the pattern.
- Negative marking will be there so avoid many guesses or choose the ‘?’ option in case you don’t know the answer.
- Three sections will be fluency, vocabulary, and spelling.
- This round will be around 15 minutes.
Round 4: Interview Round
- Went for 20 mins
- Resume-based questions and mainly look for good leadership skills and academic background.
- Tell me about your educational background and technical interests?
- Explain your final year project?
- Have you worked in a team?
- What are the key elements of a good leader?
- How much do you rate yourself as a leader? And why?
- Which Subject in your stream did you like the most?
- Why is java not a 100% object-oriented language?
- What do you think is better, java or python?
- Why did you choose your stream among other streams?
- If you did not get selected, what will you do after that?
- If you get selected, and you got a project on a technology you are facing a problem with, what will you do?
- Are you open to work on any technology?
- Do you have any preference for work location?
- Do you have any questions?
Keep the hard copy of your govt id card with you.
Remaining calm and confident helped me clear all rounds.
Final Verdict: Offered
TIP: Be thorough with whatever you mention in your resume and revise your basics.
For reference you can go through this link for interview preparation :
ALL THE BEST