IBM Interview Experience for Associate System Engineer | Off-Campus 2021
Each round was an elimination round and all rounds were conducted in online mode.
Round 1: Coding Assessment
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- 30 min for 1 question.
- Leetcode Easy level question.
- Practice basics from GeeksForGeeks and Leetcode.
- Prepare topics like datatype conversion, data structures basics.
Round 2: Cognitive Ability Assessment.
- There were 5 games, which will include tutorials before the start of each game.
- Tutorials will be enough to understand the game.
- 30 min in total.
Round 3: English Language Test.
- There will be 3 timed sections with tutorials before each section to understand the pattern.
- Negative marking will be there so avoid many guesses or choose the ‘?’ option in case you don’t know the answer.
- Three sections will be fluency, vocabulary, and spelling.
- This round will be around 15 minutes.
Round 4: Interview Round
- Went for 20 mins
- Resume-based questions and mainly look for good leadership skills and academic background.
- Tell me about your educational background and technical interests?
- Explain your final year project?
- Have you worked in a team?
- What are the key elements of a good leader?
- How much do you rate yourself as a leader? And why?
- Which Subject in your stream did you like the most?
- Why is java not a 100% object-oriented language?
- What do you think is better, java or python?
- Why did you choose your stream among other streams?
- If you did not get selected, what will you do after that?
- If you get selected, and you got a project on a technology you are facing a problem with, what will you do?
- Are you open to work on any technology?
- Do you have any preference for work location?
- Do you have any questions?
Keep the hard copy of your govt id card with you.
Remaining calm and confident helped me clear all rounds.
Final Verdict: Offered
TIP: Be thorough with whatever you mention in your resume and revise your basics.
For reference you can go through this link for interview preparation :
ALL THE BEST