IBM Interview Experience for Application Developer (On-Campus)
IBM conducted its drive in our college recently. It had 4 rounds & all 4 were elimination rounds.
Round 1: Coding Assessment
Time: 45 min for 1 question.
- The question was that we were given an 8×8 chessboard and the initial position of the key. One more array was given which had movement instructions like “u6” which means the key has to move up 4 times. No diagonal movements were allowed. Only right, left, up, down were allowed. We had to print the final position of the key after performing all the movements given in the array. If the key goes out of bound we had to print “Invalid input”
- I passed 5 out of 7 test cases (due to shortage of time) & I was selected for the next round.
Round 2: Cognitive Ability Assessment
Time: 30 min in total.
- It was game based round in which you had to play many games. Tutorials are self-sufficient to understand how to play games.
Round 3: English Language Test
Time: 24 min
- There were 3 timed sections & there were tutorials before each section to understand the section.
- This round had negative marking. If we don’t want to answer any question, then we had to select the ‘?’ option.
- Three sections were fluency, vocabulary, and spelling.
- You need to have good knowledge of English for this round. I was reading books like “Bhagavad Gita As it is”, “Coming Back”, “Beyond Birth & Death” etc. which helped me to clear this round.
Round 4: Interview Round
Time: 30 mins
- Tell me about yourself?
- Is it ok if you get work in which you have to work on technology other than Python? (I had said Python as one of my skill for previous question)
- Tell me about a recent project of yours. (I told final year project)
- From your resume I see that you had worked on “Number plate detection”, can you tell about that?
- Is there anything you want me to ask from your resume that I might have missed out? (I told about previous work experience in one network marketing company)
- Any questions for me?
- Be prepared for whatever you have mentioned in your resume.
- And be quick in stages of application, documents uploading, etc. Because in our college even though many students went to the interview stage they didn’t conduct interviews as they had applied late during the initial application stages.
- Keep the hard copy of your govt id card with you.
Finally, 14 were selected & I was one of them