IBM CIO Interview Experience for Software Developer | On-Campus 2022
Round 1(5 Cognitive Ability Games): Almost everyone who appeared for the 1st round was shortlisted for the 2nd round.
Coding Round 1: Conducted on Hackerrank platform for 30 or 45 minutes, I couldn’t remember.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- 1 pattern printing question which was similar to a hollow diamond and an SQL query which requires the understanding of joins, aggregate, and group-by.
- 200 students appeared on this round and 100 were shortlisted for the next round.
Coding round 2: Conducted on Hackerrank platform for 1 hr 10 mins and consisted of 4 questions.
- 2 SQL queries,1 pattern printing question which was similar to the previous round, and one simple if-else logic-based question.
- You will be shortlisted for interviews if you have solved any two of them.
- I solved all four and I would say, the more the number of questions you solve, the more the chances of getting selected in the interviews.
Technical interview: Around 55 students were shortlisted for the interview. It was a panel interview with 2 people and lasted for around 35 mins. The interviewers were really friendly and made me feel comfortable.
- Firstly they asked me to introduce myself.
- They asked me about the logic I used for solving the question in the previous round. (They would have your hackerrank report with them). And I was asked to write a simple SQL query.
- The question was to find the count of each employee and display their count and order them by their ID.
- Other questions were like “What are the difficulties you faced in your project and how did you overcome them?”, “How do you rate yourself in Java?”,” Will you be able to adapt if you are assigned to a project which is not your expertise?” and some other general HR questions like “What do you know about IBM (This is very important. So do some research about the company and their latest technologies.
- Here is a reference that helped me https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-unique-way-of-answering-why-IBM-in-interview-not-by-giving-Wikipedia-details-As-it-has-more-than-100-years-of-history-for-CSE-student. Around 30 students were selected and luckily I was one of them. We got the results only after 2 weeks so don’t panic.
Tip: Try to solve a maximum number of questions in coding round 2. Students who solved 2 questions were asked more technical questions in the final interview compared to students who solved 3-4 questions. Brush up your SQL and pattern-printing skills.