What is hybrid application:
- A hybrid application is a software application that combines elements of both native apps and web applications.
- It can run both online and offline, if the hybrid software does not depend on data from the database then it can be use offline.
- It runs across various platform but need to deploy the app’s wrapper.
- Example of hybrid application: Uber, Ola, Twitter etc.
What is Native app:
- Native apps are created by software programs (like java, kotlin, ruby etc) that runs on the particular devices and platforms.
- We need to download the native apps from the app stores (Google play, Apple’s store) as it does not run in the browser Unlike our smartphones where each application after installation from the app stores have access to an icon on the screen of our device home screen.
- Native apps are developed specifically for one platform and can accessed all the features of our devices like camera, file manager, contacts, GPS etc.
- They are various platform on which we can build Native apps like desktop, smartphones, smartwatch etc.
- Native apps can work offline by using system notification.
- Example of Native apps: Facebook, WhatsApp etc.
What is web application:
- Web application is a software or program that runs and accessible using web browser unlike Native app which run on particular devices.
- Unlike Native app, web application cannot be installed as it run inside the browser.
- Web application are connected through the server. The server requires bandwidth which helps web application to run on the browser all the time.
- Client displays the data of web application and take very little disk space on the client side. If the server connection get lost then the whole data may be lost.
- Example of web application: MakeMyTrip, Oyo, Flipkart, Amazon etc.
Advantages and Disadvantages of hybrid apps:
- Here we are free to use the Hybrid app across various platform.
- It can be work both offline and online.
- Hybrid apps comes with various updates across the time which improves the quality of apps.
- It is cheaper to develop unlike native apps where it cost double to develop two versions for two platforms.
- As hybrid application works on various platform, the GUI or the appearance may differ from platform to platform from user side.
- The hybrid application needs to be tested across various platform, it runs to ensure proper operation of app.
Various frameworks used for Hybrid application:
1. React Native framework:
- It is the most popular framework for hybrid application development.
- It supports various IDE and tools for the development.
- One of the best thing about React Native is that you can see the result of the code.
- Because of the faster result, it is time efficient.
- It is very easy to use and implement. For the developer who is new can easily get their hands on it.
- Flutter bear various languages thus it helps the developer to use the language of their own on various platform.
- It is best used for mobile app development.
- It is used open source HTML5 development platform.
- It uses single database for the development of hybrid application.
4. jQuery Mobile:
- In this very less code is required to program.
5. Appcelerator Titanium:
- The benefit to use Appcelerator Titanium is that it uses its own API i.e. it has independent API that easily access device hardware.
- It can be reused across different platforms and apps.
- It receives UI component.