Huawei Interview Experience | On-Campus
Round 1: Resume Shortlist
Resume shortlisting was done based on our projects, skills and internship work.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 2: Online Test (OT)
82 people got shortlisted for OT. Students from BTech, MTech and Dual Degree of CSE, ECE, EE sat for the Online Test.It was conducted on HirePro platform.
- 1st section – 10 Aptitude MCQs in 15 minutes
- 2nd section – 10 DSA MCQs in 15 minutes
- 3rd section – 3 coding questions in 1 hour. One of the question was a variation of Kadane’s Algorithm (Largest Sum Contiguous Subarray). Another question was a Graph based question.
Round 3: Technical Interview
It was a Pool Campus interview. Students from NIT Rourkela, NIT Jamshedpur, NIT Raipur and NIT Durgapur had their interviews. Total, 100 students from these 4 campus qualified from the OT. From my campus, 25 people got shortlisted for the Technical Interview.
Interviewer skimmed through my resume. Started asking questions related to each and every project and internship completed. We had a very detailed discussion about each of the projects. He then asked which is my favourite project and least favourite project from CV.
- How would you improve your least favourite project?
Then, he started asking Data Structures questions related to AVL Tree (Height Balancing BST).
- What is AVL Tree?
- Explain Insertion and rotation in AVL Tree with example.
- Explain Quick Sort with time complexity.
- Explanations of Time Complexity and Space Complexity with comparison of 2 different set of codes.
After that, he asked questions from Algorithms related to Graphs – Dijkstra’s shortest path algorithm.
- Explain Dijkstra’s Algorithm with an example.
Then, he asked one Aptitude question, find the next 2 numbers in the following question:
7, 8, 10, 12, 16, 18, __, __.
Round 4: Technical + HR Interview
- He asked me to explain Deadlock with examples.
- What are the necessary conditions for Deadlock to occur?
- What are the Deadlock prevention steps?
- Explain Deadlock avoidance algorithms like Banker’s algorithm explanation.
- He asked to explain uses of graphs in real life scenarios.
- He asked to explain BFS and DFS and their uses.
Then, he asked me HR questions like:
- He asked me why I want to work for Huawei and whether I already have any other job offers.
- He asked whether I have plans for Masters.
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
Finally, 10 students got selected and I was one of them. 🙂