HTML5 <meter> Tag
It is used to define the scale for measurement in a well-defined range and also supports a fractional value. It is also known as a gauge. It is used in Disk use, relevance query result, etc.
<meter attributes...> </meter>
Attributes: This tag contains many attributes which are listed below:
- form: It defines one or more forms that meter tag belongs too.
- max: It is used to specify the maximum value of a range.
- min: It is used to specify the minimum value of a range.
- high: It is used to specify the range considered to be a high value.
- low: It is used to specify the range value that is considered to be low.
- Optimum: It is used to specify the optimum value for the range.
- value: It is used to specify the required or actual value of the range.
- Google Chrome 8.0
- Internet Explorer 13.0
- Firefox 6.0
- Opera 11.0
- Safari 6.0
Important Note : The meter tag should not be used to indicate progress (as in a progress bar). For progress bars, use the progress tag.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important HTML concepts with the Web Design for Beginners | HTML course.