It is used to define the measurement of scale in a well-defined range with a frictional value. It is also known as a gauge. It is used in Disk use, relevance query result, etc.
<meter attributes...> </meter>
Attributes: This tag contains many attributes which are listed below:
- form: It belongs to one or more forms that it belongs too.
- max: It is used to specify the maximum value of a range.
- min: It is used to specify the minimum value of a range.
- high: It is used to specify the range considered to be a high value.
- low: It is used to specify the range value that is considered to be low.
- Optimum: It is used to specify the optimum value for the range.
- value: It is used to specify the required or actual value of the range.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by <meter> tag are listed below:
- Google Chrome 8.0
- Internet Explorer 13.0
- Firefox 6.0
- Opera 11.0
- Safari 6.0
Important Note : The meter tag should not be used to indicate progress (as in a progress bar). For progress bars, use the progress tag.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.