The MathML <mtext> tag in HTML5 is used to print any text before after any expression. You can use this tag to signify the expression or can give a name to that expression. Use to print comments about any expression this tag has been used.
<mtext attributes="values"> Random text </mtext>
Attributes: This tag accepts some attributes which are listed below:
- class|id|style: This attribute is used to hold the styles of the child elements.
- href: This attribute is used to hold any hyperlink to a specified URL.
- mathbackground: This attribute holds the value of the math expressions background color.
- mathcolor: This attribute holds the color of the math expressions.
- dir: This attributes holds the direction value. Two types of direction values are acceptable
ltrfrom left to right and
rtlfrom right to left.
- mathsize: This attribute holds the value of the size for the content. The possible values are small, medium and big.
- mathvariant: This attribute holds variety of typography like font-family.
Below example illustrates the MathML <mtext> tag in HTML5:
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by HTML5 MathML <mtext> tag are listed below: