HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. It is used to design web pages using a markup language. HTML is the combination of Hypertext and Markup language. Hypertext defines the link between the web pages. A markup language is used to define the text document within tag which defines the structure of web pages.
HTML is a markup language that is used by the browser to manipulate text, images, and other content to display it in the required format.
Characteristics of HTML:
- Easy to understand: It is the easiest language you can say, very easy to grasp this language and easy to develop.
- Flexibility: This language is so much flexible that you can create whatever you want, a flexible way to design web pages along with the text.
- Linkable: You can make linkable text like users can connect from one page to another page or website through these characteristics.
- Limitless features: You can add videos, gifs, pictures or sound anything you want that will make the website more attractive and understandable.
- Support: You can use this language to display the documents on any platform like Windows, Linux or Mac.
HTML Structure: The structure of HTML document are given below:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title> <!-- title bar --> </title> <!-- header for the website --> </head> <body> <!-- body section of the website --> </body> </html>
Introduction to HTML CSS | Learn to Design your First Website in Just 1 Week
- HTML | DOM URL Property
- HTML | DOM embeds Collection
- HTML | DOM console.warn() Method
- HTML | DOM console.trace() Method
- HTML | DOM title Property
- HTML | DOM createComment() Method
- HTML | DOM console.time() Method
- HTML | DOM History forward() Method
- HTML | DOM console.log() Method
- HTML | DOM Location hash Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.