HTML | <td> Tag
The <td> tag is used to define a standard cell in an HTML table.
Types of cells:
- Header cells: contains header information(<th>)
- Standard cells: contains data(<td>)
The text in <th> elements are bold and centered for heading by default.
The text in <td> elements are regular and left-aligned for data by default.
Attributes: There are many attributes supported by HTML4.1 but removed from HTML5 are listed below:
- abbr: This attribute is used as abbreviated version of the text content in a header cell.
- align: Set the alignment the text content.
- axis: Categorizes header cells.
- bgcolor: Set the background color of a header cell.
- char: Aligns the content in a header cell to a character.
- charoff: It is used to sets the number of characters that will be aligned from the character specified by the char attribute. The value of these attributes are in numeric form.
- colspan: Number of columns a header cell should span.
- headers: Specifies multiple header cells a cell is related to.
- height: Set the height of a header cell.
- nowrap: It specifies that the content inside a header cell should not wrap.
- rowspan: Set the number of rows a header cell should span.
- scope: It is used to specify the score of header content.
- sorted: It is used to sort the direction of a column.
- valign: It is used to set the vertical alignment of text content.
- width: It is used to set the width of a header cell
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by td tag are listed below
- Google Chrome
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Comcompetitivepetitve Programming concepts with the Web Design for Beginners | HTML course.