The HTML <!–…–> Tag is used to insert comments in the HTML code. It is a good practice of coding so that the coder and the reader can get help to understand the code. It is helpful to understand the complex code. The comment tag is useful during the debugging of codes.
- It is simple piece of code which is wiped off (ignore) by web browsers i.e, not displayed by browser.
- It helps the coder and reader to understand the piece of code used for specially in complex source code.
<!-- Comments here -->
Supported Browser: The browsers supported by <!– –> tag are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- HTML Course | Structure of an HTML Document
- HTML | <html> xmlns Attribute
- HTML Course | Basics of HTML
- HTML | DOM HTML Object
- What is the difference between <html lang="en'> and <html lang="en-US'> ?
- HTML | <xmp> tag
- HTML | <map> Tag
- PHP vs HTML
- HTML | <em> Tag
- HTML | <kbd> Tag
- HTML | dt Tag
- HTML 5 | <bdi> Tag
- Div Tag | HTML
- HTML | <ol> Tag
- HTML | <dfn> Tag
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.