The <select> tag in HTML is used to create a drop-down list. The <select> tag contains <option> tag to display the available option of drop-down list.
Note: The <select> tag is used in a form to recieve user response.
<select> <option> <option> ... <select>
Attributes: The attributes of <select> tag are listed below:
- autofocus: The HTML <select> autofocus Attribute is used to specify that the dropdown should automatically get focus when the page loads. It is a type of boolean attribute.
- disabled: The <select> disabled attribute is used to specify the select element is disabled. A disabled drop-down list is un-clickable and unusable. It is a boolean attribute.
- form: The HTML <select> form attribute is used to specify one or more forms that the <select> element belongs to.
- multiple: The HTML <select> multiple attribute is a Boolean Attribute. It specifies that the user is allowed to select more than one value that presents in <select> element.
- required: The HTML <select> required attribute is a Boolean attribute which is used to specify that the user should be selected value before submitting the Form.
- size: The HTML size attribute is used to specifies the number of visible options in a drop-down list.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by HTML <select> tag are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
- Difference between <article> tag and <section> tag
- Why <big> tag is not in HTML5 while <small> tag exists ?
- HTML | <html> Tag
- HTML | <section> Tag
- HTML | Style Tag
- HTML | <marquee> tag
- Div Tag | HTML
- HTML | <noframes> Tag
- span Tag | HTML
- HTML | <picture> Tag
- HTML | <font> Tag
- HTML 5 | <header> Tag
- HTML | <hgroup> Tag
- HTML | <q> Tag
- HTML | Object tag
- HTML | Phrase Tag
- HTML 5 | <summary> Tag
- HTML | <hr> Tag
- HTML | <nav> Tag
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet