Responsive Web design (RWD), a design strategy developed to cope with the amazing popularity of mobile devices for viewing the Web. Responsive images are an important component of responsive Web design (RWD),
Responsive web design is a new approach to website design that ensures users have a good viewing experience no matter what type of device they’re using.
Web designer Ethan Marcotte is credited with coining the term “responsive design.” In 2010, he published an article on A List Apart discussing the rapidly changing environment of devices, browsers, screen sizes, and orientations. Building separate sites for every type of device simply wouldn’t be sustainable. Instead, he proposed an alternative concept: responsive design, which calls for building flexible and fluid layouts that adapt to almost any screen.
There are several frameworks used by developers to make a webpage responsive.
A responsive Full page background image scales itself according to the user’s viewport. There are several websites that use this effect such as-
This full page background image effect can be easily added to a webpage using CSS.
This property tells the browser to scale the background image proportionally so that its width and height are equal to, or greater than, the width/height of the element.
background-position: center center;
The above sets the scaling axis at the center of the viewport.
The background is fixed with regard to the viewport
The output shows the background image in different viewports.
- HTML | Viewport meta tag for Responsive Web Design
- HTML | Responsive Modal Login Form
- Convert an image into grayscale image using HTML/CSS
- HTML Course | First Web Page | Printing Hello World
- HTML | Mapping Image
- HTML | DOM Image Object
- Convert an image into Blur using HTML/CSS
- HTML | DOM Input Image Object
- Responsive images in Bootstrap with Examples
- Responsive Video or Slideshow Embeds in Bootstrap with Examples
- How to create a responsive Modal Sign-Up form for a Website?
- Refresh a page using PHP
- CSS page-break-before Property
- Download web page using Java
- CSS | page-break-after Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.