Responsive Web design (RWD), a design strategy developed to cope with the amazing popularity of mobile devices for viewing the Web. Responsive images are an important component of responsive Web design (RWD),
Responsive web design is a new approach to website design that ensures users have a good viewing experience no matter what type of device they’re using.
Web designer Ethan Marcotte is credited with coining the term “responsive design.” In 2010, he published an article on A List Apart discussing the rapidly changing environment of devices, browsers, screen sizes, and orientations. Building separate sites for every type of device simply wouldn’t be sustainable. Instead, he proposed an alternative concept: responsive design, which calls for building flexible and fluid layouts that adapt to almost any screen.
There are several frameworks used by developers to make a webpage responsive.
A responsive Full page background image scales itself according to the user’s viewport. There are several websites that use this effect such as-
This full page background image effect can be easily added to a webpage using CSS.
This property tells the browser to scale the background image proportionally so that its width and height are equal to, or greater than, the width/height of the element.
background-position: center center;
The above sets the scaling axis at the center of the viewport.
The background is fixed with regard to the viewport
The output shows the background image in different viewports.
- How to create responsive image gallery using HTML, CSS, jQuery and Bootstrap?
- How to redirect a page to another page in HTML ?
- HTML | Viewport meta tag for Responsive Web Design
- HTML | Responsive Modal Login Form
- Convert an image into grayscale image using HTML/CSS
- How to get the title of an HTML page ?
- How to use Meta Tag to redirect an HTML page?
- HTML Course | First Web Page | Printing Hello World
- HTML full form
- How to get title of current HTML page using jQuery ?
- How to design Meet the Team Page using HTML and CSS ?
- How to select all visible or hidden elements in a HTML page using jQuery ?
- How to display search result of another page on same page using ajax in JSP?
- How to pass form variables from one page to other page in PHP ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.