Initially, the HTML was released in the year of 1993 developed by Tim Berners-Lee in 1990. Currently, the WHATWG community working on the development of the HTML. The current HTML5 version gains so much popularity because of newly added features in it. All the websites skeleton are made of HTML and each browser performing on that and makes that visible and user-friendly to the user.
HTML version release year:
HTML Structure: The structure of HTML document are given below:
Characteristics of HTML:
- Easy to understand: It is the easiest language you can say, very easy to grasp this language and easy to develop.
- Flexibility: This language is so much flexible that you can create whatever you want, a flexible way to design web pages along with the text.
- Linkable: You can make linkable text like users can connect from one page to another page or website through these characteristics.
- Limitless features: You can add videos, gifs, pictures or sound anything you want that will make the website more attractive and understandable.
- Support: You can use this language to display the documents on any platform like Windows, Linux or Mac.
Advantages of HTML:
- HTML is an easy to learn, easy to apply and it’s totally free you will just need a text editor and a browser.
- HTML is supported by all the browsers and it is the most friendly search engine.
- HTML can easily integrate with other languages and easy to develop.
- It is the basic of all programming languages and the lightest language ever.
- In HTML the display change frequently depending the window size or the device size make it comfortable to read by the user.
Disadvantages of HTML:
- HTML can be used to create only static Web-page, it can not create dynamic web-page.
- There is Lack of security in HTML.
- Creating a simple Web-page required so many tags.
- HTML language is not centralized i.e. all the web-pages that are connected, you have to design them separately else need to use CSS.
- HTML become complex when you try to create a huge website.
- WP Full Form
- URL full form
- PHP Full Form
- CMS Full Form
- JS Full Form
- ASP Full Form
- XML full form
- CSS Full Form
- HTTPS full form
- JSON full form
- SASS full form
- HTML | Responsive full page image using CSS
- HTML | form Tag
- HTML | form Attribute
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.