The Video readyState property is used for returning the current ready state of the video. The ready state is used for indicating if the video is ready to play or not.
The Video readyState property is a read-only property.
Return Value: The various numbers depicting different ready states are:
- 0 = HAVE_NOTHING: There is no information related to whether or not the video is ready.
- 1 = HAVE_METADATA: It tells that the metadata for the video is ready.
- 2 = HAVE_CURRENT_DATA: It tells that the data for the current playback position is available, but not enough data to play next frame/millisecond.
- 3 = HAVE_FUTURE_DATA: It tells that the data for the current and at least the next frame is available.
- 4 = HAVE_ENOUGH_DATAIt tells that there is enough data available to start playing.
Below program illustrates the Video readyState property.
Example: Getting the current ready state of the video.
- Before clicking the button:
- After clicking the button:
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by HTML | DOM Video readyState Property are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari